Ed’s Public Safety, a dealer that which calls itself “Georgia’s #1 GLOCK Dealer and GLOCK Law Enforcement Distributor”, has published photos of the Glock 22 Gen4. I am sure Glock’s PR people are pretty annoyed right about now!
So just to summarize all the point about the Glock Gen4 …
- Initially Glock 17 (9mm) and Glock 22 (.40 S&W) will be available. Compact models will follow later in 2010.
- Features duel recoil spring which should increase reliability.
- Features Swappable backstraps.
- Magazine release swappable between left and right.
- Old magazines still work, but only when mag release is on left side.
- Gen4 slide is clearly marked as “Gen4″.
- Retail price for G17 and G22 Gen4 is about $700 (actual prices will be lower than this).
- Glock will cease sales of the 3rd Generation and RTF models.
[Hat Tip: Pistol Training]