Palmetto State Armory has been equipping the frugally minded citizens of this country for years. Since PSA’s founding in 2008, the company has seen explosive growth. This growth is in part thanks to their constant addition of new products to both their online store and brick and mortar stores. This week Palmetto State Armory has announced a new AK pistol product re-release – the AK-V 9mm.
With a triangle side-folding brace and hammer-forged parts, the AK-V 9mm is based on the Vitayaz-Sn Russian submachine gun. This re-released weapon features several design modifications made to rectify issues observed in the AK-V v1 that was released last year.
A full explanation is given in this video narrated by Kris Vermillion (below), but the upshot is that some out of spec (for their design) bolts made it into some of the production models of AK-V and made their way out into the wild.
In addition to that issue, there are now mechanisms in place (like an added recoil block) to prevent bolt overtravel. Additionally, they’ve added a “MAC bracket” to prevent rounds from flying backward and down into the fire control group. Other updates include a modification to the bolt on the extractor side and a flare at the dust cover to provide a more tactile safety engagement without overtravel.
- Rated for 9mm +P+ ammunition
- Nitride 4150 barrel with 1/10 in. twist, threaded 1/2×28 for use with common 9mm muzzle devices and suppressors.
- Shipping with a U9 35 round patterned magazine (which will work in CZ Scorpion 9mm firearms)
- Forged trunnion, bolt, and bolt carrier.
- Picatinny railed hinged dust cover, designed to co-witness common low mount red dot optics with the front and rear sight(s). The dust cover is flared to prevent the safety selector from riding above the dust cover.
- PSA AK Picatinny stock adapter to replace the M4 stock adapter found in other PSA AK pistol models, allowing the use of the left-side folding brace.
- PSA design utilizing the Palmetto State Armory U9 35 round magazine, and also features last round bolt hold open. The PSA AK-V will accept CZ brand scorpion magazines.
All specs and features procured from the PSA website.
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.