Mesa Tactical is known for their tactical shotgun accessories for both range enthusiasts and law enforcement, and they expanded on that at SHOT Show 2019. They are now offering an M-LOK forend for the highly popular Benelli M4. This definitely fills a void by allowing shooters to more easily add accessories such as grips and flashlights to their duty or defense shotgun.
The feel of the forend is very sleek and smooth; no sharp or rough edges that could potentially get caught on gear or clothing. While everything we handled at Mesa Tactical‘s booth at SHOT was pre-installed, Mesa Tactical assured us that the installation of these forends is very easy. This is a positive because a small upgrade such as a forend should not require a large undertaking.
The specifications for the NEW Mesa Tactical Truckee forend for the Benelli M4 can be read below:
- Made from 6061-T6 aluminum and high temperature glass-filled nylon polymer endcaps.
- Industry standard M-LOK slots can accept Picatinny rail sections as well as other M-LOK mounts and accessories.
- Replacement forend counts as one US-made part for compliance with Federal law 18 U.S.C. § 922(r), if necessary.
- Installs in seconds; stays on the barrel when the weapon is stripped for cleaning, but can be easily removed, at the bench or in the field, if access to the gas system is desired.
- No tools required for installation or removal.
- 8½ inch Truckee forend can be installed on any Benelli M4 shotgun.
- 11 inch Truckee forend requires the removal of the Benelli M4 shotgun’s factory front sling loop (requires the use of snap ring pliers).
As it was stated above, the Truckee M-LOK forend will come in two different lengths for people to choose from: 8 1/2″ or 11″ forend. The price for those two sizes are $100 and $120 at MSRP respectively. At the moment, Mesa Tactical did not have a definitive date at which these would become available. They are merely listed as Coming Soon on their website.
So who in our readership happens to already own a Benelli M4? Would you consider adding a Mesa Tactical Truckee M-LOK forend to your shotgun? Let us know your thoughts in the Comments below! We always appreciate your feedback.