Adept Armor has just announced the completion of what they call the world’s first modular body armor system. With the introduction of Adept’s Storm Foundation Side Plates, users can adapt their body armor to different threat levels by removing these stackable 6×6″ single-curve side plates. The modular strike faces are said to be capable of bringing the armor rating up to Level IV protection standards or beyond.
More from Adept Armor @ TFB:
- Adept Armor Introduces AP Rated Colossus Armor Plate
- Adept Armor’s New Storm System, Modular Body Armor
- Armored Republic A3 Hybrid Steel/PE Body Armor
The Storm System: Foundation Side Plates from Adept Armor
Adept Armor, an armor system engineering firm, has just released new side plates to complete the Storm System of body armor. The Storm System: Foundation Side Plates are modular, stackable 6 x 6” single-curved side plates that are adaptable to different threat levels via the use of removable strike-faces. These R400 single curve side plates are designed to be worn alongside the Adept Armor torso plates. They are made from structured UHMWPE fiber composite, stiffened foam with a water-resistant nylon cover.Though it’s often said that side plates are bulky and uncomfortable to wear, the new Storm System: Foundation Side Plates, available today, are ultralight at just 0.85 pounds and thin at 0.9.” Rated NIJ Level III, the side plates feel effortless to wear, yet offer considerable protection from rifle threats, including:
- 7.62x51mm M80 Ball
- 5.56x45mm M193
- .223 Remington
- 7.62x39mm Type PS Ball
- 5.45x39mm 5N7 Ball
- And more!Though these Storm System: Foundation Side Plates are not rated for 5.56x45mm M855/SS109, they are Storm System plates, which means that they are designed for compatibility with a range of forthcoming modular strike faces, which will bring the plate to Level IV and potentially even beyond. It is compatible with all carriers that accept 6 x 6” side plates. If a carrier does not accept side plates but has a MOLLE cummerbund, the new Adept Armor Dragoon Side Plate Pouches will work well.
The Adept Armor Storm System Foundation Side Plates are available for order now through the Adept Armor website for a MARP of $152. For more information or to order your own Foundation side plates, you can visit http://adeptarmor.com/.
- Stand Alone
- 6×6″ R400 Single Curve.
- Weight: 0.85 lbs per side plate.
- Thickness: 0.9″
- Build: Structured UHMWPE fiber composite, stiffened foam.
- Rating: NIJ Level III, plus special threats such as 7.62x39mm MSC, not including M855/SS109 or M855A1.
- Water Resistant Nylon Cover.