Having spent the weekend on the shooting range with a suppressed handgun, it’s with great excitement I found out about the new Maxim Defense MKIV-SD. The package consists of a Ruger MKIV .22LR pistol with an integral suppressor with or without a red dot. According to Maxim Defense, there is no detectable first round pop, and overall the sound should be well below hearing safe levels. Considering I was shooting 9mm supersonics without hearing protection, it’s hard to imagine how quite this .22LR would be in comparison.
Maxim Defense @ TFB
- TFB Behind The Gun Podcast #37: Travis Bundy with Maxim Defense
- MAXIM Defense Short Barrel Ammunition – Tumble Upon Impact
- [SHOT 2022] Maxim Defense Suppressors, MD11 Rifle and Updated MD15
- Maxim Defense PDX Now in Urban Grey
The MSRP without optic is $1,595 and $2,195 with a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro.
Here is the new product announcement for the new Maxim Defense MKIV-SD:
The new Maxim Defense MKIV-SD is an Integral Suppressed Ruger MKIV Pistol. Choosing the finest modern .22LR pistol in the world, the integrated MkIV-SD suppressor is the quietest purpose-built suppressor in category with the easiest maintainability.
• State-of-the-art MonoKore design.
• Simple 3-piece design.
• Military grade materials.
• Integrated into the modern Ruger MkIV pistol.
• Has secondary retention mechanism on suppressor tube.
• MonoKore has integrated carbon cutters for cleaning the suppressor.
• No detectable first round pop.
• Drops sound to well below hearing safe levels (specific reduc-
tion based on ammunition and atmospheric conditions). Average measurement per MILSTD-1474D of 114 dB average with Gemtech subsonic ammunition and 123dB with CCI Minimag ammunition. These measurements are from the shooter’s left ear measurement location.
• Decreases flash, decreases recoil, increases accuracy.
• Fully and easily serviceable.
• Disassembles with common tools.
More information is available at https://www.maximdefense.com/product/integral-mkiv-sd-suppressor-with-out-optic/
What do you think about the Maxim Defense MKIV-SD? Does it get your approval or not?