The Pulsar Thermion 2 XP50 LRF Pro is Pulsar’s new flagship model of thermal riflescopes. It adds a feature many hunters have been waiting for, a built-in precision laser rangefinder. The integrated compact laser rangefinder (LRF) is fitted into a single optical channel, and gives the riflescope a capability to measure distances up to 800 metres and a thermal detection range up to 1800 metres.
- Entry-Level: New Pulsar Axion XM30F Thermal Spotter
- Pulsar Digex C50 Day/Night Riflescope – Colour The Darkness
- TFB Review: Pulsar KRYPTON FXG50 – The Ultimate Thermal Vision Front Attachment?
- Pulsar Trionyx T3i Multispectral Binoculars – Fusion Night Vision
- TFB Review: Pulsar Helion 2 XP50 PRO Thermal Monocular
The thermal sensor is specified at 640×480 pixel @ 17 μm, aperture F50/1.0 and a low NETD sensitivity of <25 mK.
Here is what Pulsar NV has to say about their new thermal riflescope:
Thermion 2 LRF XP50 PRO: enhanced classic
Yukon Advanced Optics Worldwide is pleased to announce the release of the new Pulsar Thermion 2 LRF XP50 PRO thermal riflescope. We’ve solved the puzzle and added the missing piece to the classic Thermion design – a built-in precision laser rangefinder.
Knowledge of distance – precision shooting
The classic slim design housing of the new Thermion 2 LRF XP50 PRO features a seamlessly integrated compact laser rangefinder that fits into a single optical channel. With a measuring distance of up to 800 metres, the riflescope gives an accurate sense of distance for a precision shooting.
The scope’s thermal detection range of up to 1800 metres in combination with the LRF brings exceptional detection capabilities.
The new riflescope is ideal for shooting from great distances. The Thermion 2 LRF XP50 PRO base magnification increases eightfold from 2x to 16x, either doubling at each step or continuously, enabling the ideal magnification ratio and visible field of view for specific conditions.
Use the “Picture-in-picture” mode for a high precision zeroing frame. Covering only 10% of the total display area, the frame shows a magnified image of the target and a reticle. It shows both a close and clear view of the aiming area while giving visual control of the entire field of view at the same time.
The Thermion’s memory contains ten reticle configurations (direct shot type, ballistic, scalable, and regular), all available in nine different colours.
Thermal excellence in the smallest detail
The Thermion 2 LRF XP50 PRO with unprecedented sensor sensitivity of NETD <25mK, ensures perfect detail recognition even in the most severe weather conditions when thermal contrast is low.
The high-definition sensor (640×480 pixel pitch 17 µm) results in sharp and richly contrasted thermal imaging for precise identification of animals, their extremities and peculiarities of the landscape.
Ultimate detection efficiency is achieved with the Thermion 2 LRF XP50 PRO fast aperture (F50/1.0) lens. When paired with the high sensitivity thermal sensor, it offers the highest possible quality and most detailed and informative imaging under any hunting conditions.
The new riflescope features a prolonged operation time. It is powered with two rechargeable batteries: one built-in and a replaceable APS3. You’ll be able to enjoy up to 10 hours of hunting time on a single battery charge.
Thermion 2 LRF XP50 PRO: the best features in a single device
- Robust, reliable all-metal housing. Reinforced yet lightweight aluminium alloy body construction for flawless field performance.
- Powered with two rechargeable batteries: one built-in with a capacity of 4.9 Ah, and a replaceable APS3 with a 2 Ah capacity. A single charge guarantees up to 10 hours hunting time.
- Photo and video recording. 16 GB internal memory.
- High calibre recoil resistance: .375H&H, 12-gauge and 9.3×64. The scope can be used with rifled hunting weapons with calibres of 9.3×64, .30-06, .300, .375H&H, etc., as well as with smooth-bore and pneumatic weapons.
- 5 individual shooting profiles / 50 zeroing distances.
- The wide-angle eyepiece (5°) and wide viewing angle of the HD quality AMOLED display gives comfortable image perception with no keyhole effect.
- The built-in WiFi module connects the device with either Android or iOS smartphones using the Stream Vision 2 mobile app.
- IPX7 waterproof rated for protection from heavy rainfall, snow and other precipitation.
- Three-year warranty.
The new Thermion 2 LRF XP50 PRO will be available from Q1 2022. It is made in Europe. We do not have a MSRP at the moment.
All of Pulsar’s new devices will be launched at the 2022 SHOT Show in Las Vegas., Booth No. 12211 for those lucky to be there.
Please check back tomorrow when we will tell you more about the new Pulsar Talion XQ38 Thermal Riflescope, a brand new line of thermal riflescopes.
UPDATE: According to Pulsar USA the Thermion 2 LRF XP50 PRO is ready for preorders for $6,599.99 MSRP; $5,999.99 MAP.
Find out more about Pulsar devices here: www.pulsar-vision.com