About two weeks ago, Pulsar teased us with a picture of a new digital sight. At the time no one knew if the technology inside was thermal or digital night vision. It’s now known that the new product is called Pulsar Digex C50 and that it’s a day/night digital riflescope designed to be used 24/7 with a combination of true colour and monochrome images.
The heart of the new Digex C50 is a super-sensitive Full-HD sensor with 1928×1088 pixels and an HD AMOLED display with 1024×768 pixels. The magnification is variable from 3.5x to 14x. The sight has a metallic frame with a 30mm tube diameter, is IPX7 waterproof and shock-resistant capable of withstanding the recoil of cartridges like .375 H&H Magnum, 12 gauge and 9.3×64.
Here is the full Press Release from Pulsar NV:
Colour the darkness with the new DIGEX C50
Yukon Advanced Optics Worldwide is pleased to announce the new PULSAR DIGEX C50 Day/Night digital riflescope. Now you can enjoy a high-tech hunting experience at any time of the day.
Full-colour imaging in the Colour Twilight mode
In deep twilight, when the human eye is already unable to discern details of observed objects, the Digex C50 Colour Twilight mode displays a full-colour image, extending the daytime hunting experience into the night.
Different lens and sensor operating modes guarantee the best hunting results 24/7. During the day, the Digex C50 scope displays natural Full-HD resolution colour images. After sunset, switch the scope lens to a higher light transmission mode and continue to observe in colour even in deep twilight. When night falls, simply press the button and switch to night mode – the sensitivity of the Digex C50 increases and the image becomes monochrome.
The aesthetics of a classic design
The new Digex C50 offers familiar visual aesthetics for any hunting weapon. It pairs organically with the rifle with its classic shape of a daytime optical sight. Simply mount the scope on the bar of the hunting weapon in the usual way, using proven ring solutions.
New IR illuminators for night hunt success
For greater effectiveness and success in moonless night hunts, pair the new Digex C50 riflescope with one of Pulsar’s Digex-XS series IR illuminators, which are characterised by a three-fold increase in optical power compared with previous models. When paired with the illuminator, the Digex C50 enables you to better see far-away objects and observe the animals without the risk of being noticed and frightening the animal off. It’s a perfect tool for detecting targets such as wild boar, deer and elk at distances ranging up to 500 metres.
The Digex C50 comes in 3 versions:
- Digex C50 riflescope without IR illuminator;
- Digex C50 riflescope with Pulsar Digex-X940S IR illuminator;
- Digex C50 riflescope with Pulsar Digex-X850S IR illuminator.
The lineup of the Digex XS series IR illuminators:
- Pulsar Digex-X850S with an optical power of 800 mW and radiation wavelength of 850 nm;
- Pulsar Digex-X940S with an optical power of 700 mW and radiation wavelength of 940 nm.
A combination of first-class components
The Digex C50 sight is for any time of the day. You won’t want, or need, to remove this scope from your rifle with its stylish design paired with first-class components for advanced functionality:
- Supersensitive Full-HD sensor 1928×1088 pixels
- High contrast frost-resistant HD AMOLED display 1024×768: operating temperatures from -25 to +50°C
- D16T aluminum alloy frame: fully waterproof (IPX7 rating) and highly shock-resistant, can be used with rifled hunting weapons of calibres up to: .375H&H, 12 gauge and 9.3×64
- Variable magnification 3.5x to 14x
- High-precision aiming with “Picture-in-picture” mode
- 5 individual shooting profiles / 50 zeroing distances
- Photo and video recording
- The built-in WiFi module connects the device with either Android or iOS smartphones using the Stream Vision 2 app allowing the remote control of the device, wireless firmware and software updates, ballistic calculator, etc.
- Paired with two rechargeable batteries: one built-in with a capacity of 4.9 Ah, the other replaceable with a capacity of 2 Ah. Up to 10 hours of battery life on a single charge
- Compatible with the Pulsar BT Wireless Remote Control (optional) for controlling the software functionality of the sight.
The start of sales is set for November 2021 and the launch is global. To learn more about Pulsar products, head over to their website: https://www.pulsar-nv.com/glo/products/33/
Just like Television, we prefer our night vision in color and we hope to be able to try the new Digex C50 very soon. What do you think about its potential?
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.