Comp-Tac has taken their eV2 Appendix Inside-the-Waistband (AIWB) holster and expanded out the line-up to include even more pistols. The eV2, which was formerly dubbed the eVade, includes more common and popular carry pistol models to hopefully fit one you already have in your arsenal. The firearms it will fit now has expanded to include:
- CZ P01
- Glock 26/27/28/33 (Gen 1-5)
- Glock 42 .380 ACP
- H&K VP9SK 9mm
- Ruger Security-9 9mm
- S&W MP 2.0 4” 9mm | .40 S&W | .45 ACP
- Sig Sauer P938 9mm
- G17, G19, G43 9mm
- S&W M&P Shield 9mm | .40 S&W
- Sig Sauer P365 9mm
The introduction of more compact double-stack pistols nicely rounds out the portfolio of offerings for the eV2 holster. A further explanation, and the complete Press Release given out by Comp-Tac, can be read below:
12/18/2018 – Houston, TX: Comp-Tac® a leader in high quality holsters for competition, concealed carry, and duty use, adds 7 new make and model fit options to the eV2™ an AIWB holster.
Note: The eV2™ was also previously known as the eVade™
The eV2™ is an Appendix Inside The Waistband (AIWB) holster that is designed for casual EDC as well as deep concealment applications. The eV2s™ holster body is made of 100% aircraft grade Kydex® which provides the smoothest finish for comfortable wear and a smooth draw. The eV2™ is attached to your belt with a Tuckable Nylon clip that maintains powerful retention while at the same time not snagging or damaging your belt or clothing.
In addition to the mounting clip, the eV2™ is outfitted with a the Comp-Tac® KICK™. This kick is attached to the holster and provides pressure against the belt in order to push the grip into the body to minimize printing making the eV2 a more concealable holster. With smooth edges and a minimalist design, the eV2 will keep your handgun secure, accessible, with well hidden from public view.
While appendix carry for inside-the-waistband may not be the most popular carrying position on the market for concealed carry holsters, Comp-Tac provides a comfortable and mindful product for that type of carry. Some of the features specific to the Comp-Tac eV2 holster can be read below as provided by Comp-Tac:
- Appendix Inside-the-Waistband (AIWB) Design for Easy Access
- Made of 100% Kydex® – Gives a Smooth Finish for Easy Draw & Re-Holster
- Retention Adjustment Screw provides Perfect Holster Hold for each User
- Nylon Clip – (A) Strong Design & Gentle Edges that will not Damage Clothing or Belts, (B) Tuck-able allowing Shirt to be Tucked in over Gun, (C) Height Adjustable allowing Gun to Sit Deeper or Higher for Master Grip Access
- Comp-Tac® KICK™ to Reduce Weapon “Printing”
- Minimalist Design w/ Smooth Edges & Gentle Curves
- MSRP $57
For our many readers out there who carry on a consistent basis, how many of you are carrying AIWB? If so, what kinds of characteristics are you looking for in that type of holster? Do you own a Comp-Tac eV2 or would you consider one? Let us know your thoughts in the Comments below! We always appreciate your feedback.