Pistol Caliber Carbine, PCC, is growing in popularity. It’s a blast to shoot and matches are far easier to setup than for normal rifles. So it’s understandable that the market offers what the customers are looking for, hence the increase in PCC related firearms and accessories.
USPSA – United States Practical Shooting Association and other shooting organizations already organize competitions, and according to rumors the General Assembly of IPSC are soon going to vote for PCC to get started officially.
Several of my friends around Europe already have builds ongoing.
CMC Triggers out of Texas want a piece of the market, and they have just released two triggers aimed at PCC AR-builders.
CMC 9mm PCC 3.5lb Single Stage Trigger – Flat Bow
CMC’s patented “Signature” Flat Trigger is the ultimate for feel and break. With the Shooters finger coming to rest naturally on the shoe, every pull is the same as the one before it.
CMC 9mm PCC 3.5lb Single Stage Trigger – Curved Bow
CMC’s “Curved” Trigger is for the shooter who wants the traditional feel. The Curved Trigger has an excellently smooth feel and ultra-clean break.
The description for the Curved version below:
CMC AR-15 / AR-10 9mm PCC Single Stage Drop-in Trigger – Curved Bow – 3.5lb Pull
Due to the rise in popularity of Pistol Caliber Carbine (PCC) rifles and after careful research and development, CMC Trigger has launched their own PCC Trigger.
CMC Triggers innovative, self-contained, and easy-to-install AR-15 Trigger Groups, have been completely re-tooled to maximize production capacities, incorporate new design enhancements and reduce cost to the customer. CMC Triggers AR-15 Drop-in Trigger Groups have always yielded exceptional trigger pull dynamics for our hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers.
CMC’s AR-15/10 “Classic” Curved Drop-in Trigger Group is for the shooter who wants a traditional feel. The Curved Trigger has an exceptionally smooth feel and ultra-clean break. With excellent lock time and lighting fast positive reset, the CMC Curved Trigger is unsurpassed by any other fire control group.
Our critical sear engagement surfaces have a propriety machining process that renders superior surface finish and dimensional control. As compared to our competition, the techniques we use establish a 1-2 RMS surface finish as opposed to EDMing which leaves a pitty 32 RMS at best. Compared to a mirror which is 0 RMS, this is what sets the CMC Trigger apart from it competition.
CMC Triggers sear engagement overlap is up to 6-8 times greater than our competitors. This provides a much safer trigger and enhances reliability.
CMC PCC Trigger Features
- Single Stage Match Trigger
- Multiple trigger pull weights
- Ultra-crisp trigger with no feel of creep prior to hammer release
- Trigger has glass-smooth break with no feel of grittiness
- Minimal lock time is designed into the assembly using controlled hammer weight and balance activated by a rocket wire hammer spring, assuring repeatable function with either commercial or military grade ammunition
- Trigger pull is factory pre-set and not user adjustable
- Positive trigger reset allows a quick follow up shot on target
- Hand assembled, and hand tested
- Totally self-contained one-piece assembly
- Comes with CMC Anti-Walk Pin Set
- Fits MIL-SPEC AR-15 and AR-10 style rifles
- Made from 8620 Alloy Steel and S7 Tool Steel with machined tolerances of +/– .001″
How do you like your trigger? Flat or curved?
When I only had curved triggers I always wanted flat triggers, but could never find any.
Now that I have a flat trigger on one of my ARs, I’m thinking I’m probably a favor of curved triggers.