Due to Smith & Wesson’s recent acquisition of Crimson Trace it didn’t take a crystal ball to predict that we’d be seeing more Crimson Trace accessories bundled with Smith & Wesson products, and this example falls into that category.
The MSRP for the S&W M&P-15T with LiNQ is $1,499 on Smith & Wesson’s website, though the price for the LiNQ system itself has come down over the course of the year. TFB reported in November 2016 that the LiNQ system debuted with a price of $650, and the current regular price on Crimson Trace’s website is $429, with a “Special Price” available at the time of this writing at $389. If we then compare the MSRP of the S&W M&P-15T (without LiNQ) to the S&W M&P-15T with LiNQ we see a difference of $310 for the light/laser system, so we do see some savings when purchasing them together.
The features of the M&P15T rifle with LiNQ are published as:
• Crimson Trace® LiNQ System®
• 5R Rifling
• Magpul® MBUS® Sights
• 13” M&P, Slim, Modular Free-Float Rail System with Magpul® M-LOK® Capability
• 2” M-LOK® Picatinny-Style Rail Panel Included
• Patented S&W® Flash Suppressor
• Lightweight, Contoured Barrel
• Forged, Integral Trigger Guard
• Armornite® Finish on Barrel – Interior and Exterior
Crimson Trace® LiNQ™ System
• Patented Instinctive Activation™ laser system operation button is found on the front of the pistol grip
• Windage and Elevation Adjustments
• Battery Life: 2 Hours
• Secure singular closed system
4 Modes of Operation
• Light and green laser together
• Green laser only
• Light Only
• Laser and strobing light modes
A more detailed data sheet with additional pictures can be found here.
Thanks to TFB’s Adam for assistance with this article.