This is one that will get IDPA competitors excited. Holosun has just announced that they will be releasing two new compact pistol reflex optics intended for use with compact carry pistols. Compact carry optics are often great choices for concealed carry and duty use but are not optimal for competition use due to the small viewing window. To allow shooters to carry a similar optic to the one they compete with, Holosun has introduced the new EPS and EPS Carry pistol reflex optics which are essentially the same optic but feature slightly different dimensions optimized for either concealed carry or competition use.
More from Holosun Technologies @ TFB:
- Holosun Introduces the New SCS-MOS-GR Solar Charging Sight
- Enforce Tac 2022: A Match Made Under The Sun: HK SFP9 OR Line and Holosun
- [SHOT 2022] Holosun SCS – Flush Mounted Pistol Red Dots
Holosun Introduces New EPS and EPS Carry Reflex Sights For Compact Pistols
Customers were looking for these new compact optics as late as April but they do seem like they are finally showing up to various distributors for their advertised MSRP. The EPS and EPS Carry are essentially the same optic and have the same mounting footprint, reticle options, and reticle colors but are slightly different dimensionally with the EPS Carry having a smaller and lighter body optimized for a more concealable footprint.
Utilizing range and carry pistols often means having two different optics that need to be trained on extensively. No one can expect to wield a concealed carry pistol the same way they would handle a full-size pistol on the range, let alone utilize the same or similar optic. This can often frustrate shooters who engage in competition and conceal carry. Holosun has sorted out some of these difficulties with the EPS (Enclosed Pistol Sight) and EPS Carry pistol reflex optics.
Both optics are made of 7075 black anodized aluminum and will be available in either a red 650nm LED or green 540nmc LED options with Holosun’s multi-reticle system (32MOA Circle w/ 2MOA Dot, 2MOA Dot only, or 32MOA circle only). Each optic boasts a continuous operating time of 50,000 hours, side battery tray, Shake Awake technology, Solar Failsafe, and an IPX8 waterproof, and dustproof rating. Both optics should be available for order soon from Holosun’s distributors. What are your thoughts on these new optics? Would you pick one up for your competition and concealed carry gun so that you have the same dot options for both pistols? Let us know what you think down in the comments.
- CNC 7075 Aluminum Housing
- Black Anodized Finish
- Holosun “K” series footprint
- Solar Failsafe
- Shake Awake™ Technology with last setting recall
- Available in red or green
- CR1620 Battery
- Up to 50,000 hours of continuous use
- Reticle Brightness: 8 Daylight & 4 Night Vision Compatible Settings
- Multi-Reticle System: 32MOA Circle w/ 2MOA Dot, 2MOA Dot only, or 32MOA circle only
- Parallax Free with Unlimited Eye Relief
- Multi-coated lens
- IPX8 water and dust-proof
- Aspherical Glass Lens
- Window Size: 0.90 x 0.63 (EPS) or 0.77 x 0.58 (EPS Carry)
- Body Dimensions: 1.62 x 1.19 x 0.99 (EPS) or 1.62 x 1.07 x 0.95 (EPS Carry)
- Weight: 1.4 oz (EPS) or 1.23 oz (EPS Carry)
- MSRP: $435.28 – 458.81 (Red – Green)