Midwest Industries Inc. has a vast aftermarket support for the AR platform, and to assist AR-15 and AR-308 owners, Midwest Industries made the Lower Receiver Block, which has numerous features that can help in order to assemble the various parts of an AR. There are two Lower Receiver Blocks available, one for the standard-sized AR-15, and one for the larger AR-308, SR25, AR-10 patterns. The Lower Receiver Block can also be mounted to a workbench, or used in a vise and hold a lower receiver by the magazine well.
Midwest Industries @ TFB:
- New UZI Pro Stock Adapter from Midwest Industries
- Midwest Industries Introduces Marlin Ghost Ring Sights
- New AR-15/AR-10 Professional Armorer’s Wrench From Midwest Industries
- New G4M M-LOK Handguards Available From Midwest Industries
Midwest Industries describes their new Block below:
The AR-15 Lower Receiver Block combines a traditional lower receiver block, gas block roll pin, and
magazine vice block into one polymer unit. This block lets builders save money and save time, compared to using multiple tools. The tool is made in the USA from high-quality, durable materials. A version for the .308 AR will be released in the near future. “This is the ultimate assembly tool for gunsmiths and building enthusiasts alike,” said Troy Storch, Owner of Midwest Industries. “By combining three tools into one, the AR-15 Lower Receiver Block streamlines builds and eliminates the process of scrambling around a workbench to hunt down multiple tools.” The Midwest Industries AR-15 Lower Receiver Block incorporates the following features:
• High-strength polymer construction
• Allows for gas block roll pin installation
• Mounting holes for attachment to bench or alternative work surface
• Four points of contact for vice use
• Trigger guard installation section
• Allows lower to be held for multiple aspects of assembly
• Fire control pin assembly
• Able to hold complete firearm for maintenance
• Small parts tray
Midwest Industries posted an informative video about their new AR Block, and I recommend checking it out HERE. The Midwest Industries AR-15 Block is available for $39.95, while the bigger AR-308 Block is slightly more at $44.95 (click the prices for each dedicated page). The rest of MI’s product lineup can be found on their website, MidwestIndutriesInc.com. If you’re feeling social, you can visit MI’s Facebook and Instagram pages, or their YouTube channel.
What do you think about the new Lower Receiver Block? Would this have helped on your last build?