Ruger has just released their new offerings for the new .350 Legend cartridge in the form of their semi-automatic AR-556 MPR and American bolt action rifles. Winchester’s introduction of the .350 Legend cartridge this year created a stir amongst hunters that are limited to “straight-wall” cartridges. In continuance of listening to the desires of customers, Ruger has given several options for those jumping into the .350 Legend.
Ruger AR-556 MPR, .350 legend
For hunters (or anyone else) that want to throw the .357″ projectiles in a semi-auto platform for quick follow up shots and less manual manipulation, Ruger chose the AR-556 MPR line to chamber the .350 Legend. The rifle will come with a 16.38-inch length barrel and a 15-inch length, free-float handguard with M-LOK attachment points. It will also come with one 5-round magazine. Ruger’s specifications are listed below:
- Lower receiver is fitted with Magpul® MOE® grip and MOE SL® collapsible buttstock on a Mil-Spec buffer tube.
- Handguard is free-floated for accuracy and the slim, 15″ length provides enhanced ergonomics.
- Bolt is mil-spec 9310 and is machined and shot peened for strength and durability.
- The Ruger® Elite 452® AR-Trigger is a two-stage trigger that offers a smooth, crisp, 4.5 pound trigger pull. It features a full-strength hammer spring for consistent primer ignition and a lightweight hammer that enables a faster lock time for improved accuracy.
- Magpul® M-LOK® accessory attachment slots along the 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 positions with additional slots on the angled faces near the muzzle.
- Ruger® muzzle brake is a radial port design that significantly reduces felt recoil and muzzle movement. The threaded barrel allows for standard muzzle accessories to be installed.
- Cold hammer-forged 4140 chrome-moly steel barrel with ultra-precise rifling provides exceptional accuracy, longevity and easy cleaning. Optimized feed ramp provides improved reliability, and the matte black nitrided finish provides corrosion resistance.
- Made from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum forging, the flat top upper receiver includes a forward assist, dust cover and brass deflector, and is Type III hard coat anodized for maximum durability.
- Bolt carrier and gas key have chrome-plated inside diameters to provide exceptional resistance to hot gases. The gas key is staked so that it will not loosen after extensive firing.
- Pistol-length gas system provides smoother operation and reduces felt recoil.
- Also includes: one magazine.
Ruger American Rifle Ranch, .350 legend
For those wanting (or needing) to use a more traditional rifle, Ruger’s chambering of the .350 Legend in their American Rifle is another option for bolt action users. The .350 American Rifle has a threaded barrel with 1/2″-28x 0.4″ threads. It also accepts AR style magazines and comes with an installed Picatinny rail for mounting optics. Ruger is offering two different length of pull options, 13.75″ and 12.5″. Ruger’s specifications are listed below:
- Ruger Marksman Adjustable™ trigger offers a crisp release with a pull weight that is user adjustable between 3 and 5 pounds, allowing shooters to make that perfect shot.
- Ergonomic, lightweight synthetic stock designed for quick, easy handling blends a classic look with modern forend contouring and grip serrations.
- Soft rubber buttpad is crafted for maximum recoil reduction.
- The one-piece, three-lug bolt with 70° throw provides ample scope clearance and utilizes a full diameter bolt body and dual cocking cams for smooth, easy cycling from the shoulder.
- Patented Power Bedding®, integral bedding block system positively locates the receiver and free-floats the barrel for outstanding accuracy.
- Factory-installed, one-piece Picatinny scope base.
- Offers minute-of-angle accuracy that can make every hunt a success.
- Compact, threaded barrel with factory-installed thread protector is cold hammer-forged, resulting in ultra-precise rifling that provides exceptional accuracy and longevity.
- The visible, accessible and easy-to-actuate tang safety provides instant security.
- Also includes: one magazine; sling swivel studs.
The Ruger AR-556 MPR has an MSRP of $1099 and the Ruger American Rifle is listed at $549 for both stock lengths. If you’ve jumped onto the .350 Legend or are considering it, let us know in the comments section. What do you think of Ruger’s offerings for the .350 Legend?