Every time there is a new rifle chassis released the comments are sure -“If they only made it for this model it would be a success” combined with the most common one: -“If they only made it for a long action I would buy it“.
The Magpul Pro 700 was no exception, but the time has now come for the Long Action version to be released. Everyone who said they would buy one here’s your chance!
The new Magpul Pro 700L is compatible with the Remington 700 Long Action and aftermarket receivers using the 700 LA footprint.
According tho Magpul they have spent four years to develop these chassis.
The Magpul Pro 700L Rifle Chassis is an uncompromising, full featured precision rifle chassis for long action Remington 700 and Remington 700-footprint rifles. The Pro 700L combines innovative engineering, precision machining, Mil-Spec quality finishes, and an extensive list of purposeful design features with complete adjustability to provide demanding end users with the most comprehensive available precision rifle platform solution for true out of the box performance.
Based on a fully machined aluminum skeleton and clad in Magpul polymer for environmental comfort, noise mitigation, and ergonomics, the Pro 700L is also fully ambidextrous. Capable of fitting both right and left-handed actions with the simple swap of a bolt-cutout plate, and includes a reversible cheek riser and a reversible hinge on the folding version.
Below: Features M-LOK® slots for accessory mounting on the forend (6 slots on the left and right; 7 slots on the bottom) and on the stock (2 on the bottom).
Below: Magpul’s integrated AICS pattern magazine well is constructed of reinforced polymer and is optimized for PMAG 5 & PMAG 10 7.62 AC magazines as well as most other AICS pattern long action magazines. The low-profile, anti-snag ambidextrous magazine release is made of Melonite-treated steel for wear and corrosion resistance.
Below: Do you hunt in the night? You’re going to like the Magpul Pro NVM (MAG1001, which is sold separately) is versatile MIL-STD 1913 thermal and image intensified clip-on optic mounting solution designed and optimized for the Magpul Pro 700 and Pro 700L rifle chassis.
Precision-machined from a solid piece of mil-spec 6061 T-6 hard anodized aluminum, the Pro NVM provides a rigid, seamlessly integrated, repeatable, and easily-installed mounting interface for a wide array of popular clip-on night vision devices.
Below: A large trigger guard allows for use with gloves and accepts most factory and aftermarket curved or flat triggers. The polymer grip has a 5 degree forward edge sweep and enlarged palm swell with a 7 degree aft edge sweep for enhanced user comfort, combined with a .75” fore/aft adjustment range. An additional grip option is included in the box with a more aggressive sweep and enlarged palm swell for the shooter who is more inclined to a less vertical grip interface (8 degree forward / 20 degree aft edge sweep).
Below: The cheek riser features a 3-position fore and aft adjustment of +.375”, 0” and -.375” which can also be changed for left or right side usage with a common hex wrench. Cheek riser adjusts in height by 1”.
Below: The butt-pad height can be adjusted up 1.33” and down .90” and is adjustable left or right for a total of 5 degrees. Overall LOP adjustment range is from 13.25” to 15.125”. Using the butt-pad correctly can sometimes be the secret between a good shot and a miss.
Below: The ambidextrous bedding block can easily support changing back and forth from left and right-hand actions by swapping the QD sling swivel plate, cheek riser, and bolt retainer insert using a 1/8” hex wrench.
Below: The folding stock version comes with a push-button activated steel hinge with Melonite® finish that is reversible for left or right folding capability with the use of a 5/32” hex wrench. We offer a fixed stock adapter if you want to change with your situation.
- Type III hard anodized machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum V-bedding block, body, adjustment knobs and forend with high-strength injection-molded polymer body covers optimally placed for comfort and aesthetics
- Bedding block can accomodate left-hand actions by reversing the QD sling swivel plate and bolt retainer insert using a 1/8” hex wrench
- Folding stock with push-button activated durable cast 4140 steel hinge with Melonite finish is reversible for left or right folding capability with the use of a 5/32” hex wrench. A Magpul Pro FSA – Fixed Stock Adapter is available for a non-folding stock solution.
- Folding stock does not interfere with the bolt handle when folded and is compatible with a large variety of aftermarket bolt knobs and handles
- Optional Magpul Pro NVM – Night Vision Mount clip on-mounting rail solution is available
- Overall LOP adjustment range is 13.25” – 15.125”
- Butt pad height can be adjusted up 1.33” and down .90” and is adjustable left or right for a total of 5 degrees
- Comb height adjustment has a 1″ range with a secondary locking knob to eliminate movement in the cheek riser
- Cheek riser features a 3-position fore/aft adjustment of +.375″, 0″ and -.375″ which can also be changed for left or right side usage using only a common hex wrench
- Injection-molded polymer grip with 5 degree forward edge sweep and enlarged palm swell with 7 degree aft edge sweep for enhanced user comfort combined with a .75″ fore/aft adjustment range using a common hex wrench.
- Additional grip option included with a more aggressive sweep and enlarged palm swell for the shooter that is more inclined to a less vertical grip interface (8 degree forward / 20 degree aft edge sweep)
- Durable cast steel rotation limited QD sling swivel mounts with Melonite finish fits up to 1.5” push button swivels
- M-LOK slots for accessory mounting on the forend (left-6/right-6/bottom-7) and the stock (bottom-2)
- Integrated AICS pattern magazine well of reinforced polymer construction optimized for PMAG® 5 AC™ L, Standard and PMAG® 5 AC™ L, Magnum – AICS Long Action magazines as well as most other AICS pattern long action magazines
- Large trigger guard allows for use with gloves and accepts most factory and aftermarket curved or flat triggers
- Low-profile, anti-snag ambidextrous magazine release is made of Melonite treated steel for wear and corrosion resistance
As usual Magpul has a video attached to the product launch:. It makes me wanna go shooting:
You can find an overview of all Magpul’s Remington chassis here, including the new ones.
The price is $899.95 for the fixed stock and $999.95 for the folding. They are available in three colors: Black, OD Green and FDE.