If you fall into the overlapping portion of a Venn diagram between 10mm aficionados, pistol caliber carbine shooters and Hi-Point fans, your dream gun is officially here: the 10mm Hi-Point carbine.
The new 1095TS is a 10mm carbine with a number of nice features and a very attractive price. This is the finalized version of the gun the company hinted about a few months back.
- 17.5″ threaded barrel
- fully adjustable ghost ring style sights
- rubber cheek rest on polymer stock
- recoil buffer inside of the stock
- one 10-round magazine included with the rifle
- the magazine release is mounted on the grip
- single stage, 6 pound trigger pull
- overall length of 32″
- unloaded weight of 7 pounds
- color options of black, black and black
- made in the United States of America
The longer barrel of this carbine (when compared to a handgun) can result in increases in both velocity and energy. According to the company, “this carbine [is] so powerful it’s even legal for big game hunting in some states.”
As the gun comes with only one magazine, you will likely want to purchase a few more. At this time, Hi-Point does not list a 1095 magazine for sale on its site. However, other magazines list for $18.50, so I expect the new mags will be offered at the same price.
Of course, the biggest feature for many people will be the price: $389.99. It’s tough to beat that price, and if dollar signs are the primary influencer in your rifle purchase, it makes a solid argument.