It’s almost Christmas and if you’re looking for a gift for a shooter – or a little something for yourself – take a look at the new optics from Aimpoint. The new line is made up of Micro T-2 and Micro H-2. The new optics are designed to be mounted quickly and easily. Aimpoint is marketing them as “AR-ready.”
The new Micro AR-ready optics are mounted to your rifle using Aimpoint’s LRP – Lever Release Picatinny – Mount. The mount is adjustable. It also has a 39mm spacer to allow for use with your existing iron sights. If you prefer not to use the spacer, it can be removed. According to Aimpoint these optics allow for return-to-zero when they’re replaced in the same spot on the same rifle.
MSRP is not listed although the Micro T-2 without a mount is selling for $736.62 on OpticsPlanet.com.
Aimpoint’s headquarters are located in Sweden and they’ve been manufacturing optics since 1974. Their products are sold around the globe both commercially and to various militaries and law enforcement agencies. Today they’re one of the better-known manufacturers in their field.
Visit Aimpoint’s site at http://www.aimpoint.com/.
Micro T-2 specs from Aimpoint:
- Advanced optical lenses for even better light transmission
- Front Flip-up lens cover is included
- Transparent rear Flip-up lens cover is included
- Reinforced protection of the turrets for even greater ruggedness
- Ideal for rifles, carbines, shotguns, submachine guns, and handguns
- Weight 3.7 oz. (105g) including mount, sight only 3.0 oz. (84g)
- 1X (non-magnifying) parallax free optic
- Compatible will all generations of Night Vision Devices (NVD)
- 1 Off position, 4 night vision compatible settings and 8 daylight settings – one extra bright for use with laser protection glasses or in bright desert sunlight
- Integral Picatinny-style base allows easy attachment to any rail
- ACET technology allows 50,000 hours (over 5 years) of constant operation with one battery
- Available in 2 MOA dot size
- Hard anodized non-reflective finish
- Submersible to 80 feet (25 meters)
- Use as a standalone sight or piggybacked on larger magnifying, thermal, or night vision optics
Micro H-2 specs from Aimpoint:
- Lightweight – 93 g without mount and 136 g with mount and flip-up lens covers
- Integral Weaver- and Picatinny-style base allows easy attachment
- ACET technology allows 50,000 hours of operation on one battery
- Improved optics to increase the light transmission, the red dot is more distinct and clear
- Available in 2 dot sizes (2 and 4 MOA)
- See through flip-up lens covers to make sure your optical lenses are always dry and clean
- Fully waterproof
- Patent pending mount is keyed to the sight body to absorb recoil
- Stainless steel “helicoil” threads to prevent damaging of threads of the mount
- Precision adjustment for windage and elevation: top of protective caps fits into holes on adjustment screws – no other tool required
- 12 settings for use in daylight and low light conditions