Elite Tactical Advantage makes a tactical shotgun called Devastator. Basically, it is a tactical conversion of Remington model 1100 and 11-87 semi auto shotguns. They tune or replace the majority of parts of the basic shotgun. However, what is the most interesting is the way they redesigned the recoil spring mechanism to get rid of the recoil spring tube. This allows mounting AR-15 style stocks on a side folding mount.
The Devastator’s new recoil spring mechanism is called “RRS”, which stands for “Recoil Reallocation System”. As the name suggests, the PRS changes the location of recoil spring mechanism by moving it forward of the receiver. The new recoil mechanism also becomes in line with the bore axis. This layout of the parts makes the gun to recoil directly backwards rather than downward at an angle. The recoil spring is also easy to replace with a 35% heavier or lighter one compared to the factory spring. This is done to adjust the action for different kinds of ammunition loads.
The action is also tuned making it to cycle 70% faster than the original Remington shotgun.
According to the manufacturer, a trained armorer can convert the Remington shotguns into Devastator within 20 or 30 minutes using the Devastator upgrade kit. This is supposed to save time and money for military and law enforcement agencies in upgrading their shotguns. So instead of purchasing a new gun, they can retrofit the existing one with this upgrade package.
Here is the pricing information from the Elite Tactical Advantage’s website:
Complete Devastator with factory Remington Special Purpose finish: $1,999 includes:
- 1100 TAC2 shotgun, 18-1/2″ Barrel
- 12″ Gen II Rhino Rail (Top Rail)
- Bobcat Gen II Forward grip (Bottom Rail)
- MAGPUL AFG (45 degree forward grip)
- RRS Recoil System
- Nickel Boron Action Bar Assembly (Moving Parts – not available with coated guns)
- S2AR Adapter (Gen II with QD cups on both sides)
- Hogue model 15000 grip
- Tactical Dome Safety
- G-Hinge Folding Stock System
- MAGPUL CTR Stock & Buffer tube
- Tactical Bolt Charging Handle
- High Visibility / Low Friction Follower
- Screw in choke and 2-1/2″ Tactical Forcing Cone – $ 100
- Adjustable Tactical Trigger – $ 90
- Nickel Boron Plating – $ 200
- NO MAGPUL Buttstock & Buffer Tube – SUBTRACT $ 100
- NO G-Hinge Folding Stock System – SUBTRACT $ 70
- NO MAGPUL AFG (45 degree forward grip) – SUBTRACT $ 30
- NO Tactical Dome Safety – SUBTRACT $ 10
There is also an interesting statement on their website saying the following:
The system is patent pending and currently being evaluated by Remington Military.
Does it mean that Remington considers making this conversion under its own brand? Hard to guess.