ATN announced a firmware update for its X-Sight II line of thermal rifle scopes. The update improves some existing features, squashes a few bugs and introduces a number of new features including a new reticle and ballistic calculator.
New or Improved Features
- Smart Shooting Solution – This is a ballistics calculator that adjusts the scope for range and wind readings. Improved zooming capability with this feature enabled.
- added warning message when ballistic compensation is active
- addition of the NP-R2 MOA reticle
- improved WiFi video streaming
- disabled by default the USB mode dialogue
For shooters used to traditional optics, the idea of glitches in your scope may be enough to turn you off of a microprocessor controlled system. However, to get the benefits of thermal imaging, coding and a chip will be involved. Here is a list of the bugs that have been fixed in this update (as described by ATN):
- Device streaming in X-sight II, when mobile application loses connection
- Some devices crash, when USB cable is connected during Firmware update
- Sleep mode wake up – Disabled sleep mode temporarily
- Widget artifacts 2
- Reticle image overlay
- Ability to change reticle style on mobile device
- Ability to change sensitivity in day mode
- Crash after pop-up message on high zoom
The update is free and should be done in a few minutes. Click here to go to the company’s web page with the update information and firmware download.