Smith & Wesson continues its evolution of the M&P lineup with the addition of 10mm M&P 2.0 polymer carry pistols. Offered in 4.6-inch and 4-inch barrel lengths and available with or without manual safeties, these new hand cannons are well suited for backwoods defense or concealed carry situations. If you are familiar with the M&P 2.0 pistols, adding a millimeter won’t change a thing – except for your ammunition budget projections. As an added benefit, the 10mm M&P 2.0 pistols are optic-ready and include mounting options for all of the most popular micro red dot sights. Raised/suppressor height sights are standard as well.
More @ TFB:
- Springfield PD Upgrades to Smith & Wesson M&P M2.0 Duty Pistols
- NEW BLING: Smith & Wesson Launches Performance Center M&P9 Shield EZ
- SILENCER SATURDAY #119: Gemtech Lunar 9 And M&P 9 Suppressor Ready
- TFB Review: Smith & Wesson M&P9 Shield EZ Pistol
- S&W Performance Center Introduces New M&P M2.0 Pistols
My S&W 10mm M&P 2.0 is fresh off the FedEx truck, so I have only had a chance to put a few rounds downrange. So far, I’m a fan. I’ll follow up in a few days with more detailed thoughts.
You read it right: Smith & Wesson is introducing the popular and proven M&P 2.0 series of pistols in 10mm. There are two models coming out the day this video is published, a 4″ barrel compact model and a slightly larger 4.6″ model. Both with have a 15 round capacity and they are built on the M&P 45 ACP frame, meaning that most M&P 45 holsters and accessories will work. It also has a brand new trigger and comes optics ready from the factory – but how does it perform? Check out the video to find out.
GEAR USED IN THIS VIDEO
- Optic: Holosun 507 Green reflex sight: https://amzn.to/325u3jD
- Apparel: TFBTV apparel is sponsored by 5.11 Tactical and you can get it at www.511tactical.com
- Eye Pro, Non-Tactical – James wears Electric Knoxville sunglasses ☞ https://amzn.to/2YOVr3J
- Eye Pro, Tactical – James also wears Oakley M-Frames ☞ https://amzn.to/3hEFrI9
- Ear Pro, Over Ear – Walker Razors ☞ https://amzn.to/3nl29ss
- Ear Pro, In Ear – Surefire Sonic Defenders ☞ https://amzn.to/2ZI5xns
- Watch – James and Ryan wear the Garmin Fenix 6 ☞ https://amzn.to/3lexr1B
GUN AND GEAR GIVEAWAYS
Check out our Patreon and SubscribeStar pages if you enjoy our program, and consider helping us at TFBTV out. We do not take money for positive reviews and we give away guns and gear EVERY month to our supporters. NOTE: We prefer SubscribeStar as they are a more gun-friendly platform.
- Owner’s Manual: Always Read The Manual
- M&P® 10MM M2.0™ Optics Ready Slide
- 10mm Auto
- No Thumb Safety
- Optic Height White Dot
- Optic Height White 2-Dot
- Striker Fire
- Stainless Steel with Armornite® Finish
- Stainless Steel with Armornite® Finish
- Matte Black
- Matte Black
- 1:10˝ – 5 RH
- 4.6″ (11.7 cm)
- 29.3 oz.
- Slide cut for optics
- M2.0 flat face trigger for consistent flnger placement that allows for more accurate and repeatable shooting
- Low barrel bore axis makes the M&P® pistol more comfortable to shoot reducing muzzle rise and allowing for faster aim recovery
- Optimal 18-degree grip angle for natural point of aim
- Four interchangeable palmswell grip inserts for optimal hand fit and trigger reach – S, M, ML, L
- Enhanced grip texture allows the user to manage recoil, keep a firm grip, and delivers comfort when concealing
- New M&P® M2.0™ crisp trigger with lighter trigger pull
- Tactile and audible trigger reset
- Accurate 1 in 10˝ twist M&P® M2.0™ barrel
- Extended rigid embedded stainless steel chassis to reduce flex and torque when firing
- M&P’s patented take-down lever and sear deactivation systems allow for disassembly without pulling the trigger
- Armornite® durable corrosion resistant finish
4.6 Inch Barrel, No Manual Safety
4 Inch Barrel, No Manual Safety
4 Inch Barrel, Manual Safety
4.6 Inch Barrel, Manual Safety
Add A Millimeter! Smith & Wesson Introduces The 10mm M&P 2.0 – First Shots
Smith & Wesson® Launches New M&P®10mm M2.0™
Smith & Wesson Re-enters the World of Semi-auto 10mm Handguns
SPRINGFIELD, Mass., (November 16, 2021) – Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ Global Select: SWBI), a leader in firearm manufacturing and design, today unveiled the latest expansion in its M&P M2.0 line of handguns.The new standard 10mm comes with enhanced features like an optics cut slide with the C.O.R.E.™ system thatenables users to mount a variety of popular optics. This handgun is designed to carry an impressive 15 + 1 capacity,ships with two magazines, and, reflecting the needs of the consumer, features Smith & Wesson’s brand new M2.0 flat face trigger design, which is designed to optimize trigger finger placement to allow for more consistent and accurate shooting.
John Myles, Smith & Wesson’s Senior New Product Manager, said, “Having not made a 10mm semi-automatic hand gun since the 1990’s, it’s a pleasure to re-enter that space with the M&P10mm M2.0 pistol. The 10mm caliber has its own following, and our customers have been asking us to bring one back. We are excited to launch this product using the M&P45 M2.0 as a building block to support existing aftermarket accessories that are readily available, as well as adding new enhanced features like the optics ready slide and the new M2.0 flat face trigger.”
These new handguns are purpose-built with the end consumer in mind. They include the M2.0 features and are available with or without an ambidextrous manual thumb safety. Smith & Wesson will offer a shorter 4” configurationof the handgun to allow for quicker clearance of a holster or a slightly longer 4.6” configuration to provide for a longer sight radius to optimize the accuracy of the barrel’s 1-in-10 twist rate. The M&P10mm M2.0 comes with the familiar 18-degree grip angle, four interchangeable palmswell grip inserts, and enhanced grip texture to help manage recoil.
The MSRP on the M&P10mm pistol is $654.00 to $665.00.
To learn more about the Smith & Wesson M&P 10mm pistol series, including spec sheets and images, please click here.