If you’re looking to scratch that shotgun itch as we ease into the fall hunting season, then it might be worth taking a look at the new Escort SD-X magazine-fed shotgun from Hatsan. The new addition to Hatsan’s Versatile Tactical Shotgun series is available in both 12 gauge and .410 and comes in either black or FDE Cerakote. The shotgun has many features that make it versatile enough for just about any job.
New Escort SD-X Semi-Auto Shotgun from Hatsan
- Modern Sporting style gas-operated semi-automatic shotgun
- .410 caliber, 3” chamber
- Two 5-shot magazines + one 3-shot magazine stored in the buttstock
- 20” barrel for shot or slugs
- Oxidation Proof – Chrome plated Drilled steel barrel
- All barrels are Proof Tested
- Reversible bolt cocking handle for ambidextrous operation
- Fixed tactical stock with integrated pistol grip
- Elevation adjustable comb
- Soft rubber butt pad for recoil absorption
- Detachable alloy upper and advanced polymer lower receivers
- Picatinny sight rails integrated into receiver and forend/handguard
- ThermoDefend forend with an ergonomic grip and Picatinny accessory rails
- Manual trigger safety switch
- Detachable carrying handle
- Adjustable rear sight built into the carrying handle
- Adjustable front sight
- Optional flip-up front and rear sight set included
- Sling loops
- Tough matte black or FDE Cerakote finish
Both the .410 and 12 gauge versions of the Escort SD-X have accommodations for the use of shotgun slugs with the 12 gauge version featuring a removable choke and the .410 model of the shotgun featuring an integrated choke that works with slugs. Both shotguns feature a spare magazine that is stored inside the buttstock with the 12 gauge storing an additional 2-round magazine and the .410 storing a 3-round magazine.
The Escort SD-X shotguns come straight from the factory to your distributor having its barrels proof tested for the highest quality. If that isn’t enough, Hatsan offers a 5-year limited warranty with all of their Escort SD-X firearms. Both shotguns retail for $619.99 in black and $689.99 in FDE Cerakote.