So, you thought the days of Flat Dark Earth were behind us? Not so fast, hot shot. I have recently fallen back in love with FDE guns and gear, building an AR15 in complete earthen glory. And I must not be the only one: Smith & Wesson just announced their newest edition to the M&P 2.0 lineup: an M&P45 in FDE. Besides sporting Flat Dark Earth dress, the new release features TRUGLO TFX sights. Pricing starts at $699.
Details, specifications and links can be found below.
New M&P45 M2.0 in FDE features TRUGLO® TFX™ Sights
SPRINGFIELD, Mass., (May 21, 2017) – Smith & Wesson Corp. today announced the newest addition to its growing line of M&P M2.0 pistols with the new M&P45 M2.0 in Flat Dark Earth (FDE) finish. Chambered in .45 Auto, the M&P45 M2.0 pistol joins the previously released M&P9 and M&P40 M2.0 Flat Dark Earth pistols with TRUGLO TFX sights in the M&P M2.0 pistol line. The pistol features a 4.6” barrel, no thumb safety, and ships with TRUGLO TFX sights for enhanced visibility in a variety of conditions. The new M&P45 M2.0 pistol is the first M2.0 pistol in a FDE finish that is chambered in the popular .45 Auto caliber.
The M&P45 M2.0 pistol with TRUGLO TFX sights delivers a rugged, striker-fired pistol that features the popular M2.0 enhancements, including the new M2.0 crisp, lighter trigger and aggressive grip texturing. The new pistol ships standard with TRUGLO TFX sights, which feature encapsulated Tritium and Fiber Optic technology for enhanced visibility during both daytime and nighttime conditions. Delivering customary M2.0 reliability, the M&P45 M2.0 in FDE also includes a solid, molded polymer frame designed for comfort and durability, a Cerakote® FDE slide for enhanced corrosion resistance, four interchangeable palmswell grips, and an 18-degree grip angle for a natural point of aim. The new M&P45 M2.0 is offered at an MSRP of $699 and with a one-year limited warranty and lifetime service policy.
- Truglo® TFX™ Sights – Encapsulated tritium plus fiber optic xtreme handgun sights
- Low barrel bore axis makes the M&P pistol comfortable to shoot reducing muzzle rise and allowing for faster aim recovery
- Optimal 18-degree grip angle for natural point of aim
- Four interchangeable palmswell grip inserts for optimal hand fit and trigger reach -S, M, ML, L
- Aggressive grip texture for enhanced control
- New M&P M2.0 crisp trigger with lighter trigger pull
- Tactile and audible trigger reset
- Accurate 1 in 15” twist M&P M2.0 barrel
- Extended rigid embedded stainless steel chassis to reduce flex and torque when firing.
- Armornite® durable corrosion resistant finish