FLIR Systems, Inc. announced the company was expanding its line of thermal imaging optics with additions to its ThermoSight Pro Series. All of these new optics are rifle scopes that can be mounted to a variety of long guns.
The new models are:
- FLIR ThermoSight Pro PTS233 (has a 19mm lens with a 4x zoom; 12˚ FOV)
- FLIR ThermoSight Pro PTS533 (has a 50mm lens with a 4x zoom; 4.5˚ FOV)
- FLIR ThermoSight Pro PTS733 (has a 75mm lens with a 4x zoom; 3˚ FOV)
All of the new models share some common features such as:
- Boson core (12 micron)
- no cooling needed
- aluminum alloy body
- 320×240 thermal resolution that feeds uncompressed video to a 1280×960 display
- on board video and photo capture
- internal storage for 4 hours of video or 1,000 photos
- Bluetooth 4.0
According to the company, the FLIR ThermoSight Pro PTS233 has a suggested retail price of $2,199. This unit is currently shipping and available for sale. The other two units, the FLIR ThermoSight Pro PTS533 and the FLIR ThermoSight Pro PTS733, are expected to ship in the fourth quarter of 2017. The company did not advise a suggested retail price for these units. While the prices may be out of the range of the casual hunter, they are well within the reach of many serious hobbyists and pro hunters.