I’m willing to bet that there are many out there like me. I typically carry IWB, often with a tucked shirt (Management has to meet certain appearance standards…), which while often highly effective, has its own set of problems for us larger folks. While you skinny guys and gals can carry appendix, those of us with more to love are often forced to go strong-side. Without a naturally wide and falt facade to conceal a long grip, grip length becomes a major concern for concealment – especially tucked.
This is often fixed by a small cant to the weapon system. Which when at the 4 or 5 o’clock position is a welcome position, as the hand naturally pulls forward during the draw stroke. However, it still can limit what one carries. In my case, a single stack 9mm with a short grip.
I want more ammo and grip!
Looks like Bravo Concealment has a potential solution with their new Torsion holster. Instead of setting up the weapon parallel to the Kydex, the holster puts it at an inward rotation, pulling the grip closer to the body. Thus, less of it is likely to print and us big guys may just carry the double-stacks we so crave.
The Torsion is available now for the usual swath of Glocks (sorry long-slide lovers, no joy yet) and two M&P models, the 9 and 40 compacts. Where Bravo Concealment typically excels at offering weapon light options, alas the Torsion is pretty much weapon-only at this time.
Features (From Bravo Concealment):
D.O.S. (Drop Out-of Sight) TORSION Holster
- Even Deeper Concealment with NEW Torsion Technology
- Integrated 10 degree inward cant for greater conceal-ability
- Designed specifically for IWB concealed carry.
- Virtually drops out of sight and erases your weapon’s visual signature.
- Comfortable to wear.
- One of few IWB holsters offering retention.
- Holster adds minimal mass to weapon.
- Holster retains its shape for efficient one handed re holstering.