In the past few weeks we have featured stripper clips to load AR magazines through the ejection port, pinned pistol compensators and a bolt action GLOCK – all workarounds for California laws. And I’m not sure if I am more disgusted at legislation clearly aimed at legal gun owners or proud of the innovation and ingenuity at work within the business community. I choose the positive energy of the latter – Cross Armory has designed two devices that allow owners of Modern Sporting Rifles (MSR) in restrive states to more quickly perform reloads.
The first product is the SAFE MAG that is designed to eject the magazine when the upper receiver is pivoted on the front takedown pin. The second is QUICK PINS which allows the rear takedown pin of an AR to be quickly removed to aid in disassembly. Together they give California shooters a workaround for MSR ownership.
SAFE MAG is a safe and easy magazine release and lock system for AR-15 and M4 rifles. SAFE MAG automatically releases your magazine when the upper and lower receivers of your weapon are separated. SAFE MAG is among the most convenient fixed magazine lock and release system on the market.
- Fixed magazine locking system for MIL spec AR-15 and M4 rifles
- Automatic Magazine Release when upper and lower receivers are separated, no need to push a button
- QUICK and SAFE fixed magazine release device
- SAFE MAG prevents the removal of the magazine from your AR-15 or M4 rifle without disassembly of the action when properly installed
- QUICK, EASY installation
- RELOAD EASIER when separating the upper from the lower receiver
Cross Armory’s SAFE MAG is a modification, designed in California, for weapons in regulated states that require fixed magazines, such as CA NY CT MA MD and other states. The Cross Armory SAFE MAG works by releasing your magazine instantly when you separate the upper and lower receivers of your AR-15 or M4, without having to press a button.
Cross Armory’s SAFE MAG is intended to be consistent with the fixed magazine laws which state that your weapon must have a “fixed magazine” which has been defined as “an ammunition feeding device contained in, or permanently attached to, a firearm in such a manner that the device can not be removed without disassembly of the firearm action.” The firearm action of an AR-15 and M4 is housed in the upper and lower receivers. Separating the upper and lower receiver to release your magazine disables the firearm action.
Cross Armory’s QUICK PINS is designed to replace your existing rear takedown pin. QUICK PINS opens easily and locks automatically when you close your receivers. QUICK PINS allow for the most convenient separation and locking of upper and lower receivers in the industry.
- One Pinch upper and lower receiver release system for MIL spec AR-15 and M4 rifles
- Instantly and securely locks the receivers together
- Easier To Operate than standard takedown pins
- Built from High Strength 7075 Aircraft Aluminum
- Pairs with Cross Armory’s SAFE MAG, for a superior reloading system in regulated states
By removing your rear takedown pin and installing Cross Armory’s QUICK PINS you will enjoy improved convenience when breaking down your weapon. QUICK PINS allow for easy opening and servicing of your weapon with a simple pinch of your fingers. Closing and locking your receivers together is as easy a closing the two receivers together, QUICK PINS will automatically lock your receivers into place. QUICK PINS allow for the easiest access to your firing mechanism.