We’re a fan of the Czech-made optics from Meopta, but this time they are expanding their USA-based production with their MeoPro line. As part of that line, Meopta is expanding the line to include two new higher magnification optics designed with the long-range shooter and hunter in mind for the HTR and MeoPro lines, respectively.
The new Mero Pro 6.5-20×50 and its 6.5-20×50 HTR are slight variations of the same basic scope. Both feature aircraft-grade aluminum alloy housings with 50mm objective lenses coated with Meopta’s MeoBright mult-coatings. The glass is made by SCHOTT for excellent clarity featuring TO2TM (Twilight Optimized Optics) for the best light transmission at dawn and dusk.
The HTR is a tactically-oriented optic. Where the MeoPro features capped hunting turrets, the HTR optic features exposed target turrets. A variety of reticles are available including Z-Plex, BDC, McWhorter HV, and Windmax 8. All reticles are second-focal plane.
Eye relief is spec’d at a constant 3.5 inches with a quick-focus eyepiece. Turrets of both the Pro and HTR feature 1/4 MOA click adjustment. As with optics at the high-end of the marketing, Meopta has stated it is waterproof, fog-proof, and shockproof. All Meopta optics come with a lifetime transferable warranty.
Those interested in Meopta can see our series on touring the factory or purchase one of the MeoPro or HTR optics through any Meopta retailer. Details of SKU’s below:
Model – Turrets – Reticles – MSRP
MeoPro 6.5-20×50 HTR – Target – Z Reticle – $1,092.49
MeoPro 6.5-20×50 – Hunting – BDC – $1,149.99
MeoPro 6.5-20×50 HTR – Target – BDC – $1,149.99
MeoPro 6.5-20×50 – Hunting – McWhorter HV – $1,149.99
MeoPro 6.5-20×50 HTR – Target – McWhorter HV – $1,149.99
MeoPro 6.5-20×50 HTR – Target – Windmax 8 – $1,149.99
MeoPro Riflescope Key Features
– Built in the USA
– TO2TM (Twilight Optimized Optics) system delivers the highest light transmission when you need it most – in the low light of dawn and dusk.
– Proprietary ion assisted lens coatings. MeoBrightTM coating eliminates glare and reflections and delivers incredibly bright (98.7% transmission per lens surface) and sharp images across the field of view. MeoShieldTM coating protects external lens surfaces from abrasions and scratches.
– MeoTrak RZ Turrets:
Hunting Turret: Resettable zero, posi-click, finger-adjustable windage and elevation turrets ensure maximum adjustment range and instant re-zeroing. The turret dials can be quickly repositioned without changing the adjustment setting of the scope, allowing the shooter to accurately reset to the original zero of the rifle if further adjustments are required.
– MeoTrak TRZ Turrets:
Target Turrets: Oversized, resettable zero, posi-click, finger-adjustable windage and elevation target turrets ensure maximum adjustment range and reliable re-zeroing. The precise, numerically indexed, oversized turret dials can be quickly repositioned without changing the adjustment setting of the scope, allowing the shooter to accurately reset to the original zero of the rifle if further adjustments are required.
– MeoQuickTM fast-focus eyepiece rapidly brings targets into sharp focus and provides extra diopter travel to accommodate a wider range of visual acuity variations.
– A 1-inch, one-piece aircraft grade aluminum tube is ELOX hard anodized. All MeoPro riflescopes are nitrogen purged, fogproof and shockproof for life.
– Covered by Meopta’s North American Lifetime Transferable Warranty. – See more at: http://www.shootingwire.com/story/363349#sthash.YI1R4SOl.dpuf