Barrett announced the company produced a custom version of the Model 82A1. The special edition rifle is set to be auctioned to benefit the National Rifle Association.
According to Barrett, the rifle has the following features:
- 24K gold-plated scrollwork engraved by Baron Technology, Inc.
- Highly polished, deep-blued upper receiver, muzzle brake and magazine
- Hand-jeweled bolt carrier
- Handmade rosewood pistol grip, rear hand grip, carry handle, buttpad and monopod base
- Ronnie Barrett’s signature as the rifle’s designer in gold plating in the right side
- Barrett logo in gold plating, centered on the left
- Serial number NRA2015TN
- Package is completed with a specialized, heavy duty aluminum case to protect this beautiful rifle