More than a year ago, Battle Arms Development (BAD) began working on a project to develop a sub-4 pound AR rifle. From that effort comes the BAD556-LW receiver set.
This upper/lower receiver set will be officially introduced at the 2015 SHOT Show. Right now, it appears that the set will weigh about 13 ounces, though the final production weight may change slightly. The receivers are CNC machined from billet 7075-T6 aluminum with the sharp edges de-burred.
Among the features of this receiver set:
- MIL-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2, Hard Anodized Flat Black Finish
- Flared, Deep Beveled Magwell
- Captured Takedown Pin Detent Spring (Set Screw Included)
- Easy in Install Set Screw Bolt Catch Pin (Pin Included)
- M4 Feed Ramp
- Pictograph Selector Markings Properly Marked for 90° Safety or BAD-ASS-ST / BAD-CASS-ST Short Throw Ambidextrous Safety Selectors
- Reciever Safety Selector Hole Machined with Relief Cut for Battle Arms Development “SHORT THROW” Ambidextrous Safety Selectors
The MSRP will be $549. The company will offer a limited time introductory price of $499.