How to register an Short Barreled Rifle (SBR)

Steve Johnson
by Steve Johnson

Like with anything else BATFE, registering a Short Barreled Rifle takes a lot of time, patience and paperwork. Bob Boyd has been going through the process himself and has blogged about the process, along with links to all the requisite forms

Before beginning, I urge everyone to check their state and local laws to make sure you’re in compliance with all regulations.

The process is more time-consuming and aggravating than difficult. Regardless, you must have a BATFE-approved Form 1 in your possession prior to attaching the stock. To accomplish this, you’ll need the following:

Read it here.

Steve Johnson
Steve Johnson

I founded TFB in 2007 and over 10 years worked tirelessly, with the help of my team, to build it up into the largest gun blog online. I retired as Editor in Chief in 2017. During my decade at TFB I was fortunate to work with the most amazing talented writers and genuinely good people!

More by Steve Johnson

Join the conversation
 1 comment