Showing that they are indeed the Bee’s Knees, Beez Combat Systems has announced and released their latest chest rig for the AK platform. Designed for lightweight performance, the rather plainly named “AK47 Chest Rig GRID” is an advanced take on the chest rig concept, use the latest thin and light materials to great effect.
The rig features a full set of single-depth integrated pouches across its front, allowing for 5 magazines or simliar sized items to be carried without further customization. In front of that is a full row of laser-cut ACRONYM material that can be used to mount any Molle compatible pouch, 14 columns side.
For easy load carriage, the right has 2″ shoulder webbing and features 1″ buckles at various places for easy donning and doffing. Load disbursement is via an H Harness design.
Currently, the AK47 Chest Rig GRID is offered only in Multicam, though the presence of drop-down menus seems to imply that various colors and patterns will be available in the future. Retail pricing is pegged at a reasonable $89.99 and is available at Beez Combat Systems.
Features (Courtesy of Beez Combat Systems):
- Lowest profile AK47 chest rig on the market.
- Laser cut compatible for user configuration.
- Unique over sized elastic pull tabs
- 2″shoulder webbing with 1″ buckles on the rig.
- Quick release shoulder and waist buckles.
- Full length interior pocket.
- Standard or Pull-forward Lat strap design
Materials / Construction
- 1000 denier Cordura and ACRONYM
- MIL-Spec thread and velcro.
- Made in the USA.