UTAS made their UTS-15 Tactical Shotgun available at 2015 Industry Day at the Range and made the experience complete by putting their new suppressor on it. I had the opportunity to shoot clay targets with the UTS-15 and was pleased with the shotgun’s overall performance. At 6.9 pounds empty, it has some heft, and it’s a pleasure to shoot. It fit naturally to my shoulder and its pointability made shattering clays simple. Although it obviously wasn’t designed as a field shotgun it performed well, meaning it has a nice streak of versatility in it. MSRP is $995 and this shotgun has definitely made my wish list.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS (from UTAS)
* Pump-action 12-gauge shotgun chambered for 2 ½”, 2 ¾” & 3” magnum ammunition.
* Dual 7-round magazines with automatic alternating or selectable feed, snap open loading
ports and cartridge counter magazine followers
* Integrated top mounted picatinny rail for iron sights or optics.
* Windage adjustable rear sight with flip up large aperture peep or big game V.
* Elevation adjustable front sight.
* Technical polymer receiver with integrated spring loaded shell feeding device and quick
removable fire control housing containing the hammer, sear and disconnector.
* Spring assisted pin ejector.
* Fiber reinforced flip up stock / shell funnel.
* Fiber reinforced butt plate with 1”, 8 durometer (A scale) energy absorbing recoil pad.
* 4140 steel bolt body, precision machined and heat treated 4140 steel rotary bolt heat with
three locking lugs.
* Precision machined and heat treated 4140 barrel extension with three locking lug mortises.*
* Precision machined 4140 steel barrel with muzzle threaded to accept Beretta style chokes.
* Precision machined 4140 steel flash suppressor with strike bezel and full length knurling.*
* Internally mounted point-and-shoot high intensity lens focused LED spotlight and full
adjustable laser sight, push button operated.*
* Forward, rear and mid-point quick detachable sling swivel mointing points. Mil Spec quick
* Matte black non-glare textured finish on all polymer parts.
* Matte black chrome or black oxide on all steel parts.
* Matte black non-glare anodizing on all aluminum parts.
* Overall length 28.3”.
* Weight 6.9 lbs.
* No tools required field stripping in 45 seconds