Next year (2009) Winchester Ammunition will be will be introducing the Winchester Super-X Power Max Bonded and the Winchester Supreme Elite Bonded PDX1.
From the Super-X Power Max bonded press release:
Super-X® Power Max Bonded™ is specifically designed for the whitetail deer hunter and takes the time-proven jacketed bullet design to a new level of performance at an affordable price. Winchester’s proprietary bonding process welds lead to a copper alloy jacket where the two act together during expansion for improved penetration and retained weight.
It will be available in .270 Win, .270 WSM, .30-30 Win, .308 Win, .30-06, .300 WSM and .300 Win Mag.
From the Winchester Supreme Elite Bonded PDX1 press release:
The new Winchester Supreme Elite Bonded PDX1, which was chosen by the FBI as their primary service round, is now available in a full line of popular handgun calibers. The PDX1 is engineered to maximize terminal ballistics, as defined by the demanding FBI test protocol, which simulates real-world threats.
It will be available in .38 special, 9mm, 40 S&W and 45 ACP. UPDATE: Full press release after the jump.
Hat Tip: Outdoor wire
New Winchester® Bonded PDX1™-superior Personal Protection Ammunition
The new Winchester Supreme Elite Bonded PDX1, which was chosen by the FBI as their primary service round, is now available in a full line of popular handgun calibers. The PDX1 is engineered to maximize terminal ballistics, as defined by the demanding FBI test protocol, which simulates real-world threats. The new Winchester Bonded PDX is offered in 9 mm, 40 Smith & Wesson, 45 automatic and .38 special.
Winchester Bonded PDX1 technology is superior to competitive personal protection loads with features that include:
· Proprietary bonding process-Welds lead and jacket together to work as a unit controlling expansion and providing superior retained weight.
· Hollow point-Works with the bonding process for outstanding performance through tough barriers and impact velocities/ranges.
· Jacket notching-Six segments help promote positive, consistent and programmed expansion at a variety of impact velocities.
· Copper alloy jacket-Contoured for maximum upset over a wide range of velocities/ranges.
· Nickel plated shellcase-Helps ensure positive gun function through smooth chambering and shellcase ejection.
9mm Luger +P
38 Special +P