Alps OutdoorZ introduced a new hunting pack that is specifically designed to match the frame of a woman’s body. Called the Monarch X, the new backpack is a serious hunting bag with a host of features including:
- a built in, stowable meat shelf for packing out your harvest
- a drop down pocket for your rifle or bow
- hydration pocket and port
- wing pockets that are fleece lined for a spotting scope and other gear
- inside wing pockets for shooting sticks and/or tripod
- front pocket designed to help organize other gear
- multiple compression straps
- bedding straps
- rain cover
According to the company, the shoulder straps are contoured to better fit a woman’s body. They use Lycra and molded foam for increased comfort. The waist belt is smaller than is typically found on a hunting pack, and it has built in pockets and anti-sway straps.
Alps OutdoorZ uses 1680D nylon fabric throughout the backpack for excellent strength and durability. At stress points and lashing points, the company incorporates Hypalon. Hypalon is a brand name for a synthetic rubber that is resistant to UV light, chemicals and temperature extremes. It is used in a variety of applications such as inflatable boats.
Personally, I’m glad to see more gear being made for women hunters.