Wilson Combat announced a new AR pattern carbine chambered for the 9×19 pistol caliber. The new gun, called the AR9, is different from most AR pattern 9mm as it can be had with one of three different lowers that accept magazines for:
- Glock 17 (and similar)
- Beretta 92
- Smith & Wesson M&P9
According to the folks at Wilson Combat, this new rifle is not simply a warmed over AR. Rather, it was designed to be a 9mm carbine that uses the familiar controls of the AR-15. The company claims the new gun offers the handling of an AR with the best possible reliability and accuracy the 9mm can obtain in a rifle form.
The company states the gun was designed to function with a broad range of ammunition including all of the popular hollow point loads and higher pressure (+P) loads.
Some of the features found on this new carbine are:
- bolt hold open with lock back on empty factory magazines
- proprietary bolt carrier group with heavy duty claw extractor
- billet machined aluminum receivers
- flared magazine well
- integral, oversized trigger guard
- designed for suppressed use
- match grade, carbon steel barrel with 1:10″ twist and button rifling
- fluted barrels optional
- carbine and SBR lengths available; can be ordered as a pistol
- various accessories and Armor Tuff finish colors are available
- compatible with standard AR furniture, triggers, charging handles, stocks and optics
The base price is $1,995.