Schmidt & Bender is a world leader in scopes and optics, and this year at SHOT Show they came through with another amazing scope in the PMII 3-27x56mm Digital BT rifle scope. Whenever I visit their booth I am always impressed, and this year was no different. It is intimidating and exciting at the same time to confront some of the best German optical technology on the planet.
The new PMII 3-27x56mm rifle scope is intimidating at first, but its range of magnification is like almost no other scope on the market. From a low 3x power to an impressive 27x power, and with additional digital information on the target, the needs of almost any shooter can be realized. There is another PMII option with 5-25x56mm range as well.
Though larger in size than many rifle scopes, and quite heavy, the PMII 3-27x56mm scope is built to withstand the harshest environmental conditions. The scope can operate in temperatures from -67 F (-55 C) to 158 F (70 C), and is waterproof to about 10.04 feet (300 mbar). Those temperature ranges cover just about everywhere on the planet a hunter or shooter would choose to go, and also provides waterproof protection when crossing streams or smaller rivers.
In addition, the PMII 3-27x56mm rifle scope is designed to enhance the shooter’s accuracy with head’s-up display of critical information necessary for precision shooting at great distances. The PMII 3-27x56mm scope combines all the features expected on a regular riflescope with information from compatible external devices – laser rangefinders, ballistics computers, etc.
This information can be projected into the shooter’s field of view at the touch of a button. With all the necessary information for target recognition available, the shooter is able to concentrate on his task. Apart from the modified ocular head, the riflescope remains unchanged in its functions and can be used in the same way as before – without any external devices.
PMII 3-27x56mm Digital BT Specifications
- Overall Length: 16.02 inches (407mm)
- Objective Lens: 2.44 inches (62mm outer, 56mm inner measurement)
- Ocular Lens: 1.97 inches (50mm outer measurement)
- Tube Diameter: 1.34 inches (34mm outer measurement)
- Weight: 43.88 ounces (1244 grams)
- Eye Relief: 3.54 inches (90mm)
- Exit Pupil: 2.1mm to 8.27mm
- Field of View (FOV): 1.53 yards (1.4 meters) @ 27x; 14.22 yards (13.0 meters) @ 3x
- Elevations Adjustment Range: 64 MOA @ 100m
- Windage Adjustment Range: +/- 14 MOA @ 100m
- Parallax Adjustment: 10 meters to infinity
- Elevation Turret Height: 1.46 inches (37.1mm)
- Windage Turret Height: 1.33 inches (33.82mm)
- Parallax Turret Height: 0.80 inches (22.4mm)
- Illumination Settings: 0-11
- Available Reticles: P4LF, H2CMR, TReMoR2, H37, H59
- MSRP – TBA (Expect high).
The Schmidt & Bender 3-27x56mm Digital BT rifle scope should probably be advertised “professionals only”. This is not your grandfather’s hunting scope. This scope comes with some of the best reticle options currently available, and they all require firm knowledge of range estimation, wind estimation, and trajectory to one level or another.
Schmidt & Bender 3-27x56mm Reticle Options