Next Intent Tactical is a division of Next Intent which is an aerospace company. In fact Next Intent designs and manufactures parts for JPL and NASA. Next Intent built the wheels, forward and aft arms, wheel hubs and other components for JPL’s Mars Exploration Rovers. Now how many companies that make parts for AR 15s have products currently operating in multiple locations on Mars!
When the company contacted me and included photos of their scope mount and gas block I was honestly taken aback by the obvious quality of these products. The scope mounts come in one inch and 30mm ring size and include a side mount for an RMR type optic or standard BUIS. The mounts are also available in one or two piece designs. The company recommends the one piece to achieve the best accuracy.
The NI gas block is made from Titanium and is adjustable. I never thought I’d call a gas block beautiful but the lines and work really are impressive. The gas block can be purchased raw or Cerakoted in black. .750 and soon .625 sizes are available. MSRP is $119 in the raw and $129 Cerakoted.
TFB has requested both products and will be reviewing them shortly.
Dead nuts parallel…
All of the alignment surfaces are cut in one pass, on one set up. We do this to ensure that all these control surfaces are parallel to within 0.0001″. Even though this is more expensive than machining these features separately we felt it would help keep things lined up. After extensive testing we can tell you that it does indeed. Return to zero is phenomenal, & no lapping is required. We use our Sodick & Makino Wire EDM’s to cut three surfaces on the scope mounts; the base where it attaches to the picatinny rail of the upper receiver, the inside of the rings, and the profile of the 30° offset rail.
From Next Intent Tactical
Expanding on its line of cleverly designed AR accessories and made in the USA on premium CNC machines, Next Intent Tactical offers a multi optic platform that will securely mount your sighting systems to your firearm.
• Wire EDM cut mounting surfaces are absolutely parallel, no honing, no lapping, no bedding required.
• American made from American Aerospace-grade Aluminum
• One-piece attachment model for exceptional return-to-zero
• Two-piece attachment model for ease of mounting
• Type III anodizing ensures a good looking product for years to come.
• 30° offset mount makes for easier transitions than a 45°
• 30° offset mount keeps the Back-Up sights tucked in closer to the rifle.
• Hand-finish blends lines and planes for a low drag product.
• Quality hardware and stainless HeliCoil thread inserts.
• Roll tapped threads instead of cut tapped for increased strength.
• At 8 oz. this mount is lighter than most precision optic mounts in this class while maintaining strength.
Visit www.nitactical.com to purchase.
• Ring mounts are $189.99 plus shipping (& tax, CA Only).
• ACOG mounts are $159.99 plus shipping (& tax, CA Only).