We covered the Magpul Remington 700 Magazine Well in a previous TFB post where Magpul said they would be releasing the product this past summer. However, delays must have occurred because it is now November and they are just now releasing it for sale. There is no mention of it working in a synthetic Remington 700 stock and my guess is that it doesn’t, because it is for the Magpul Hunter 700. However, shooters are supposed to be using their steel OEM mag wells in their polymer Hunter 700s to begin with, so one may wonder…. MSRP is $69.95. It also has an ambidextrous magazine release.
The Magpul Bolt Action Magazine Well is a drop-in solution for our Remington 700 Hunter Stock for those that are wishing to add detachable box magazine capabilities to their rifle.
By simply removing your OEM bottom metal and our spacer from the Hunter 700 Stock, users can add this reinforced polymer trigger guard and magazine well without the need for custom inletting from gunsmiths. Designed to work with AICS pattern, short action magazines. This kit also includes one Magpul PMAG® 5 7.62 AC.
Made in the USA.
- Designed specifically for the Hunter 700 Stock and all short action caliber AICS (Accuracy International Chassis Systems) pattern magazines
- Installs easily with no inletting required*
- Reinforced polymer construction provides durability with light weight
- Large trigger guard allows for use with gloves
- Steel action screw pillars
- Low-profile, anti-snag ambidextrous magazine release is made of Melonite® treated steel for wear and corrosion resistance
- Includes one 7.62×51/.308 Winchester PMAG 5 7.62 AC magazine