Those looking to customize their Glock slide and its fit to the frame can now rejoice. Gunsmith-ready slides are now available from Suarez International. Made from 416 Stainless Slide Material, the slides are offered unmarked in the standard Glock shape, albeit without any cocking serrations. Slides do come pre-milled for factory-style front and rear sights.
However, I do contest the “American Standard”. While I fully support local manufacturing, quality and specs can be completed well universally. Just look to Toyota vehicles.
Description from Suarez:
This slide is offered to local gunsmiths wishing to build up and brand slides and pistols for their own companies or organizations. They are made up as identical copies of the factory item, out of properly heat treated and bead blasted 416 Stainless Steel. Made in the USA to American Standards. These are made in Arizona, not in SE Asia. The slides are totally unmarked without logo, serrations, or milling. Same profile as OEM with round nose front profile like Glock 26 and 34. They have provision to install all factory parts, standard sights, and barrels and install onto a frame.
- No Logos or Cocking Serrations.
- No external markings at all.
- Standard with Rear Dovetail Cut and Front Sight Slot.
- Similar rounded edge profile.
- Same round nose front profile as Glock 26, and 34.
- Interior dimensions are exact to OEM factory tolerances.
- Made from Heat Treated 416 Stainless Steel Billet Stock.
- Guaranteed to work with all OEM parts and accessories.
- Provided in Bead Blasted Finish.