SilencerCo X Hinderer Collaboration

SilencerCo anounced a collaboration with famous knife maker Rick Hinderer.



Known as one of the most respected knifemakers in the United States, Rick Hinderer knives are sought after by collectors the world over. This extremely limited SilencerCo edition XM-18 folder draws inspiration from the Omega in both aesthetics and material construction, featuring a 3.5” blade, matte black diamond-like carbon finish, titanium frame, and SilencerCo-branded titanium scale.

Constructed from a combination of titanium, Stellite®, and stainless steel, the Omega is the lightest, quietest, and shortest full-auto rated .30 caliber suppressor on the market. Specially configured for the Summit line, this Omega features a matte black finish, ASR quick detach mount, Flat Front Cap, and a Specwar Trifecta Muzzle Brake.

Rounding out this package is a handmade wooden display case and 200 rounds of SilencerCo Harvester 220 grain Sierra MatchKing™ Subsonic 300 Blackout suppressor-optimized ammunition with black nickel-plated cases – making this collaboration a true Blackout package.

This limited edition set will set you back $1625 and according to SilencerCo’s website, there are only 100 of these sets available.

Nicholas C

Co-Founder of KRISSTALK forums, an owner’s support group and all things KRISS Vector related. Nick found his passion through competitive shooting while living in NY. He participates in USPSA and 3Gun. He loves all things that shoots and flashlights. Really really bright flashlights.

Any questions please email him at


  • Sarig

    I see it says Class III in the header. I’d forgotten about that, but it is really curious that despite the US having so much freer gun-laws than Norway – my home country – when it comes to suppressors, the tables are turned.

    How difficult is it to get one, and what kind of use are they allowed for? In Norway they’re completely unregulated, and encouraged by authorities in general, as they decrease the noise pollution/disturbance when hunting.

    • James

      Mind, I’ve never bought one, but I think I can answer your question.

      To get a suppressor, you need to fill out a $200 tax stamp and tedious paperwork that takes months through the Federal government, in addition to the cost of the suppressor itself. I don’t believe their use is regulated on a Federal level.

      States differ. Some allow them for hunting. Some don’t. Some ban their possession entirely. Some couldn’t care less.

      Personally, once I get a home and rifles to defend it with, I’ll very much desire a suppressor, since I like being able to shoot indoors without becoming deaf.

      • JSmath

        James nailed it.

        Of note, suppressor use is “sort of” regulated at the federal level – that’s where the Class III thing comes into play again. Ownership and possession is within a State, and you must fill out a new form (and pay the tax stamp fee again, I believe — have never needed to do it myself) if you want to transfer the suppressor to another State.

        Don’t quote me on it, and someone will know for certain, but I believe temporary transportation is acceptable without filling out any paperwork, while it is strongly advised that you notify the BATF if you’re going to be hauling it through a few States to hunt in another. Balance of none-their and ducks-in-a-row.