The LONG anticipated Bushmaster ACR has been officially launched. I warn you in advance that it is priced FAR higher than what was rumored!
As you can see above, there are four models (ACR SS
16M B, ACR SS 16M C, ACR FR 16M B and ACR FR 16M C ). Essentially there are two colors (Black and “Coyote Brown”) and two types (Basic and Enhanced). Each model is available in 5.56mm or 6.8 SPC (but can be quickly swapped from one caliber to the other by changing barrel and bolt head).
The Basic model features:
- 16.5-inch cold hammer-forged barrel system
- A2 birdcage-style suppressor
- Magpul MBUS iron sights
- A-Frame style stock
- Free floating monolithic top rail.
The Enhanced model adds the following features:
- Three sided handguard rail ( giving a quad rail setup with the monolithic top rail at 12 o’clock ).
- AAC Blackout flash hider
- 6 position folding stock. This stock is what we all think of as “THE” ACR stock.
Now what you have been waiting for …
The suggested retail price for the Basic models is $2,685 and for the enhanced it is $3,061! This is what I expected, although many were hoping for it to fall into the $1000-$2000 price range.
I will try to find out the price of caliber conversion kits and additional barrels when I am at SHOT.
[ Many thanks to Daniel and Josh for emailing me info about this rifle. ]Related