A wet and windy day at the range couldn’t stop us from checking out one of the newest rifles on the line. The Bellator from Georgia-based 21st TEC is a new precision system developed for military, law enforcement and commercial customers. The Bellator is a Multi-Caliber modular bolt action rifle designed for precision sub-MOA long range accuracy. It’s chambered in 338 Lapua Magnum, 300 Norma Magnum, .308 and 6.5 Creedmoor.
Perhaps most intriguingly the Bellator’s bolt handle is on the left side of the receiver located forward so it can be worked by the off-hand allowing the firing hand to remain on the pistol grip. To aid stability when working the action the ergonomic pistol grip has a generous thumb shelf.
Here’s what 21st TEC have to say about their new rifle:
The new modular system is designed for long range shooting enthusiasts, competitive shooters, police and military applications. Bellator™ is designed with the modularity of the AR platform. It uses drop in AR trigger, selector, take-down pin, grip and magazine release. It has a user changeable barrel system, bolt and magazine well. The bolt is designed with a forward located left hand handle and right hand eject.
To convert from 338 Lapua Mag to 300 Norma Mag is simply done by changing out the barrel. These 2 calibers use same bolt and 10 rd box magazine. Conversion from 338 Lapua Mag size to .308 size is done by changing out the barrel, bolt and magazine well. When converted to .308/6.5 Creedmoor it uses standard AR10 metal or Magpul Pmags. Rifle comes with a folding fully adjustable stock or non-folding fully adjustable Magpul PRS stock.
Available in Hard Coat Anodized Black or FDE finish, all versions come in custom cut high density foam hard-case with wheels. Button rifled barrels are made from 416SS and come in the following lengths: 338 Lapua Mag and .308 in 24” length, 300 Norma Mag and 6.5 Creedmoor in 26” length.
- Button Rifled 416R Stainless Steel Barrel
- 2-Stage Match Trigger 4.5 lbs (AR15)
- Ambidextrous Safety Selector (AR15)
- Caliber conversion between 338 Lapua Mag and 300 Norma Mag is done by a simple barrel swap, takes same bolt and magazine
- Conversion from 338 Lapua Mag to .308/6.5Creedmoor is done by switching out the barrel, bolt and magazine well
- Hard Coat Anodized Black or FDE with options of folding adjustable stock or non-folding Magpul PRS adjustable stock.
- 10 Round detachable box magazine for 338 Lapua/300 Norma Mag
- Uses Standard AR10 metal or Magpul Pmags in .308 / 6.5 Creedmoor
- Available with fully adjustable folding or non-folding stock
- All Rifles come in custom cut high density foam Hard case with wheels.
21st TEC say that the rifles are in full production and are in-stock and ready to ship. MSRP for the non-folding PRS stock model is $5,000 hile the folding stock comes in at $5,600 (MSRP).
Find out more at www.21st-tec.com.
TFB and TFBTV’s coverage of SHOT Show 2023 is proudly sponsored by 5.11 Tactical. Click here to check out their new products.