In a few years, we’ve seen WOOX bringing to market anything from innovative rifle furniture to axes and knives. The common trait is the rather unconventional use of wood elements. Their latest product, the Gladiatore, brings the WOOX signature aesthetics to Mossberg pump action shotguns.
WOOX @ TFB:
- WOOX Announces 100-year Support Service for Blades and Chassis
- New WOOX Custom Shop and WOOX Garage Services
- WOOX Introduces The COBRA Precision Stock
- TFB Review: WOOX Wildman and Exactus Chassis
WOOX Introduces the Gladiatore Furniture for Mossberg Pump Shotguns
From WOOX’s website:
“RedISCOVERING a true American legend
Recognizing a lack of options for shotgun owners desiring upgrades that deliver a level of sophistication while also enhancing performance, WOOX introduces GLADIATORE, a suite of shotgun furniture upgrades for Mossberg® 500 / 590 / 590A1 / Shockwave pump shotguns.
Gladiatore components are built from premium American walnut, combining Italian design and functionality that goes beyond the original equipment. A fore end with dual M-LOK® rails, a stock with raised cheek comb, a club grip with bulbous flare for a sure grip and aggressive checkering on every component make the Gladiatore suite of furniture the upgrades of choice.
Simple to install. Impossible to deny. Proudly made in Italy.
The Gladiatore (gladiator in Italian) components are three individual products:
- the Stock – for Mossberg 500/590/590A1/M88 pump shotguns – from $249.00 MSRP;
- the Fore End – for Mossberg M88/M500/M590 and Shockwave pump shotguns (6.5” Action Tube ONLY) – from $129.00 MSRP;
- The Club Grip – for Mossberg Shockwave pump shotguns – from $119.00 MSRP.
Each of these can be purchased individually or as parts of kits:
- Stock + Fore End Kit – from $349.00 MSRP;
- Club Grip + Fore End Kit- from $229.00 MSRP.
WOOX claims that these sets can “breathe new life into your old pump”. Indeed, the utilitarian shotguns may look more refined thanks to these accessories, yet they may benefit from better ergonomics and get improved functionality with the addition of M-LOK rails.
What do you, TFB readers, think? A neat upgrade or “No, shotty is fine”?
All photos from WOOX’s website
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.