Good evening everyone and welcome back to TFB’s Silencer Saturday brought to you by Yankee Hill Machine, manufacturers of the new YHM Turbo T3 rifle suppressor. Since it is New Year’s Eve, I thought we could reflect back at the year in suppressors with a few of my favorite things. This episode marks five straight years of the Silencer Saturday series. Thank you all for joining us every week for an NFA journey and spreading the word of reducing hearing damage and quieter shooting.
Pictured above are some of my favorite suppressor/firearm and combinations from the past year. Silencer technology continues to advance and it’s exciting to see where we end up at the end of 2023.
YHM Turbo T3:
Yankee Hill Machine Never disappoints ant the new Turbo T3 is no exception. It is currently one of the most affordable performers for 5.56mm rifles.
- SILENCER SATURDAY #257: Limit TOXIC EXPOSURE – The New YHM Turbo T3 Suppressor
- Go With The Flow: Yankee Hill Machine Introduces the YHM Turbo T3
SIG Sauer MCX:
The SIG MCX is still my favorite 300BLK rifle to suppress. A few months ago we finally witnessed the release of the new SPEAR LT.
- SILENCER SATURDAY #226: The MCX Virtus Piston System
- SILENCER SATURDAY #248: SIG Sauer MCX Virtus, MCX-Spear LT, and SLX762C-QD Rifle Suppressor
- TFB FIRST LOOK: Introducing the New 5.56 SIG MCX SPEAR-LT
- SIG Sauer Unveils the NEW MCX Spear-LT Series of Pistols and Rifles
KAC suppressors and firearms are pretty hard to come by these days. I was lucky enough to find a few examples to share with the Silencer Saturday family.
- SILENCER SATURDAY #233: Full Auto with the Legendary KAC NT4 – USMC Suppressor
- SILENCER SATURDAY #236: Knight’s Armament 556 QDC CQB – Full Auto KAC SR-15
- SILENCER SATURDAY #232: KAC Mounts – KAC QDSS and KAC QDC
B&T Station SIX9:
I had been looking forward to this release for nearly four years. And it was worth the wait.
- SILENCER SATURDAY #216: The B&T USA STATION SIX Pistol And Suppressors
- SILENCER SATURDAY #217: Replacing Silencer Wipes – B&T USA STATION SIX9
- SILENCER SATURDAY #225: Wiped Suppressors – POI Shift Concerns?
- SILENCER SATURDAY #254: Talking Suppressors with Karl Brügger from B&T
HUXWRX Flow 556K:
If there is one new suppressor to have for a fighting/defensive carbine, the FLOW 556K is it.
- SILENCER SATURDAY #239: Top 5 Initial Impressions – HUXWRX FLOW 556k Suppressor
- SILENCER SATURDAY #244: HUXWRX FLOW 556K Full Auto Range Time
SILENCER SATURDAY #260: A Few Of My Favorite Things – 2022
I will have two testing platforms in both 300BLK and 5.56mm, and the heart of these guns are what I believe are the best adjustable gas blocks on the market – RIFLESPEED. With 12 settings and easy controls, we will have an accurate look at the possible blowback implications of new rifle suppressors.
- Manufacturer’s Page: https://www.riflespeed.com/RIFLESPEED-Gas-Controls-750_p_12.html
- MSRP: $199
RIFLESPEED Key Features:
- Tool-free adjustment
- Distinct numbered settings for easy status identification and repeatability
- Multiple lengths available for use even while tucked under extended handguards
- Modular design allows user-level configuration and maintenance
- Rotation limited to avoid possibility of unintentional disassembly
- Works with .223 Remington/5.56x45mm plus 300 AAC Blackout, .308 Winchester/7.62 NATO, 6.8 SPC, 6.5 Grendel, and all other cartridges
- Currently available for barrels with a 0.750″ gas-block journal diameter. Additional sizes to follow
- No small springs
- No small detents
- No small screws
- No threads exposed to carbon
- Rotation of Control Knob is limited to avoid unintentional disassembly, yet no tools are needed when disassembly is required
SureFire SFA2 Flash Hider/Mount:
The new SureFire SFA2 is a shorter/lighter flash hider and mount for SOCOM suppressors. I just installed this one today.
- A specifically designed adapter for SureFire and Mil-Spec blank firing adapters
- Also serves as a rock-solid interface for SureFire SOCOM Fast-Attach® suppressors
- Manufacturer’s Page: https://www.surefire.com/products/suppressors-division/muzzle-devices/sfa2-556-1-2-28/
- Product Number: SFA2-556-1/2-28
- Thread Pitch: 1/2 x 28
- Finish: Dlc Coating
- Material: Heat-Treated Stainless Steel
- Thread Dimensions: 1/2-28 Threads Per Inch
- Caliber: 5.56 Mm
- Weight: 2.9 Oz (82.2 G)
- Length; 1.9 Inches (4.7 Cm)
- MSRP: ~$150
SureFire WarComp on top, the SFA2 below.
One of the things that Jay at PewScience noted was the performance enhancement of the SureFire mounts with labyrinth seals over other mounts. Note the two rings on this SureFire brake/mount.
One thing to note about the current KAC upper receivers and bolts is that they differ from standard AR-15 bolts. Note the rounded lugs.
Replacing the a flash hider on a KAC upper requires the use of a KAC Knightstick (bottom) and not a standard AR-15 reaction rod (top).
Thank you for reading. Please be safe tonight. And from all of us here at TFB, Happy NewYear.