Lead & Steel is a relatively unheard-of developer of optics and “other cool stuff too.” Recently the company announced the introduction and availability of their new Promethean LP-1 Duty Grade red dot sight which features a 30,000-hour battery life, options for a standalone dot or a CQB reticle similar to the EOTech XPS lineup, and a durable design featuring an extruded aluminum “crumple” hood to make it truly “duty grade.” This new optic is available for pre-order now at a special introductory price and will begin shipping in Q1 of 2022.
More Red Dot Optics News @ TFB:
- POTD: Romeo and Juliet
- Crimson Trace Releases the HRO – Heavy Recoil Optic
- Bear Creek Arsenals New Hybrid BCA Red Dot/Rangefinder
Lead & Steel Introduces their NEW Promethean LP-1 Duty Grade RDS
After years of product development and destructive testing, Lead & Steel is proud to bring you the Promethean LP-1.
Combining cutting-edge material science and world class manufacturing, the LP-1 is in a league of its own:
- CNC machined 7075-T6 aluminum housing, hard coat anodized to Type III MIL-A-8625.
- Protective 6061-T6 extruded aluminum “crumple” hood.
- Parallax free LED with unlimited eye relief.
- Large window for fast target acquisition (1.37″ x 1.04″)
- 0.5MOA adjustment for windage and elevation.
- User-configurable circle/dot and red dot reticles (2MOA dot, 65MOA ring + dot, 65MOA ring only).
- Powered by CR123A cell for 30,000hr continuous runtime w/CQB reticle on setting 5, battery life up to 50,000hrs with 2MOA dot only.
- Always on unless manually turned off; “set and forget” design.
- Five daytime settings.
- NV capable with two dedicated nighttime settings.
- IPX8 waterproof rating.
- Quick Detach mount, returns to zero.
- Adaptable to 1913 rails.
- Limited lifetime warranty for original purchaser.
- Weighs 11.8oz
So far, everything we’ve seen on the Promethean LP-1 RDS looks promising but obviously, a new product from a relatively unheard-of company will need to be tested out by the firearms community at large before we can assess its capabilities. However, with its price point, I wouldn’t mind testing one out for myself if we can expect its sale price to be right around where it is now occasionally. You can currently backorder the Promethean LP-1 RDS for a price of $274.95 until Q1 of 2023, after which, the price will go back up to $350 (the current list price for one of these is $449.99). Let us know what you think of this brand-new red dot optic in the comments below.