Good evening everyone and welcome back to TFB’s Silencer Saturday brought to you by Yankee Hill Machine, manufacturers of the YHM R9 multi-caliber suppressor. Last week we got behind the HUXWRX FLOW 556K FBI HRT rifle suppressor. This week we continue with the 3D printed them and get modular with the PWS BDE 7.62 silencer. And we all know what BDE stands for. So does this new market entry live up to its name? We’ll find out.
BDE stands for Bravo Delta Echo you heathens.
SILENCER SATURDAY #245: Quick Look – The PWS BDE 7.62 Suppressor
I was really short on time this week, so this is going to be a lightning look at the BDE. We will follow up in the next few weeks with a more detailed review. So today is more like picture book than a novel.
The Bravo Delta Echo is made up of seven components not including the mount:
- A 3D printed and serialized blast chamber.
- A 3D printed baffle stack.
- Four (4) machined baffles.
- A flat end cap.
The blast section is threaded for the 1.375 x 24 universal mounting system which allows you to use one of several different quick disconnect systems from other manufacturers. On the other end it is threaded to only fit the 3D printed baffle stack section, so micro configurations of the BDE aren’t possible.
The one piece baffle stack is comprised of five cones, and at least the last one has radial slots cliser to the tube wall than the bore. The four baffle sections and the end cap are machined titanium.
Here is the BDE in it’s shortest form.
- 3D PRINTED TITANIUM- Manufactured with aerospace-grade titanium which is lighter and stronger than traditionally machined titanium.
- MODULAR- Designed and ships with removable bafﬂes which enable modiﬁcation of length and noise reduction rating.
- COMPATIBLE- Universal 1.375×24 TPI pattern for compatibility with most suppressor mounts.
- ANODIZED & CERAKOTED- Type 2 anodizing, with high temperature cerakote on the outside for a durable ﬁnish.
- TAPER-THREADED BAFFLES- Taper-threading prevents carbon locking and loosening between bafﬂes.
- ACCURATE- Symmetrical internal bafﬂe notches increase accuracy, while exterior textures dissipate heat mirage for clear, precise shots.
- Manufacturer’s Page: https://www.primaryweapons.com/bde-762-suppressor/
- MSRP: $1,095
- Model: BDE 762
- SKU: 22-TF0B
- Weight: 12.7-17.4 oz.
- Length: 6.5-8.2 in.
- Diameter: 1.75″
- Calibers: Up to .300WM
- BDE 762 Short Configuration 141.04 dB ML (1 meter left)136.00 dB SLE (shooters left ear)
- BDE 762 Long Configuration 134.84 dB ML (1 meter left) 135.20 dB SLE (shooters left ear)
Below is the BDE in its longest form.
Each baffle adds approximately a half an inch to the overall length.
The shortest configuration is about 6.25” long.
With one baffle the BDE is 7” long.
With two baffles it is 7.25” long.
With three baffles it is 7.75” long.
And with all four baffles the BDE is a little over 8” long.
With The Dead Air Key Micro mount the overall length is about 9”.
As you can imagine, with a diameter of 1.75” and In it’s longest form, with subsonic 300BLK the BDE extremely quiet. I am looking forward to shooting it in the other configurations later this week.
Manufacturing a modular suppressor using additive manufacturing is no easy task and the PWS BDE has perfect threads and mating surfaces. We’ll get a closer look at the system as the autumn leave start to drop.
Thanks for reading. Be safe, have fun, and we’ll see you back here next weekend for another Silencer Saturday.