The wait is over! First shown back in 2018, the Kickstand bipod by Q is finally available for purchase. The new Q Kickstand was designed to be a lightweight, low-profile, easily adjustable and rattle-free utility bipod. Let’s take a quick look at the features of this new bipod.
Q LLC @ TFB:
- [SHOT 2022] Faxon & Q Collaboration: 8.6 Blackout Guns
- TFB EXCLUSIVE: Interview with Ethan Lessard of “Q” on the NEW 8.6 Creedmoor
- SILENCER SATURDAY #179: The Q Erector 9 Modular Suppressor
- TFB @ Q Headquarters – The Fix Is In
Below you can find the specs and features of the new Q Kickstand bipod quoted from the company’s website:
- WEIGHT: 8.6 oz
- LENGTH (NOT DEPLOYED): 9.75 in
- HEIGHT (LEGS NOT EXTENDED): 7 1/16 in
- WIDTH (SPAN OF FEET; LEGS NOT EXTENDED): 8.125 in
- HEIGHT(EXTENDED LEGS): 9.5 in
- WIDTH (EXTENED LEGS): 10 13/16 in
- LENGTH (EXTENDED LEGS): 12 7/16 in
- PELVIS: 304 STAINLESS NITRIDE
- 1/2IN TILT NUT: 17-4 STAINLESS HEAT TREAT
- T25 JAM SCREW: 18-8 STAINLESS HEAT TREAT (COLOR)
- TILT PIN: 17-4 STAINLESS STEEL HEAT TREAT
- PIVOT PIN: 17-4 STAINLESS STEEL HEAT TREAT
- FOOT: BLACK TPV NONE
- SPRING: 17-7 STAINLESS NONE
- ALL ELSE: 7075 ALUMINUM CLEAR ANODIZE
- DEPLOYED LEG ANGLE: 30 DEGREES (EACH); 60 TOTAL
- TILT ANGLE: 15 DEGREES EITHER SIDE
Here is also a video where Kevin Brittingham, the founder of Q, goes through the features of the new Kickstand bipod.
The Kickstand bipod is listed on Q LLC’s website at an MSRP of $350. The bipod is currently available with the Q-Sert mounting system but M-LOK and 1913/Picatinny rail compatible versions will be added shortly.
Judging by the information on the weight, dimensions and materials used in the design of the Q Kickstand, it indeed looks to be a light, robust and slimline bipod. What do you guys think? Are the specs of the Kickstand bipod interesting enough to give it a try or would you rather stick to another, tried bipod? Is the price right for the offered features? Sound off in the comments section.
Pictures by Q LLC, www.liveqordie.com