Ed Brown has introduced the new First Responder Tool. The 3.5-inch sheepsfoot blade comes slightly serrated and is secured by an ABLE lock, enabling a quick and simple deployment. There is a strap cutter blade that can be deployed with one thumb as well as a glass breaker. It also features a reversible deep pocket clip that allows tip-up carry.
Ed Brown @ TFB:
- New Fueled Series Pistol from Ed Brown: The MP-F4
- Ed Brown FX2 – The First Trijicon RMRcc 1911
- Limited Edition JEFF COOPER Commemorative 1911 Pistols by Ed Brown
- New Ed Brown Performance M&P Shield Magazines
Here is how Ed Brown describes their First Responder Tool:
Our First Responder has a 3.5” partially serrated sheepsfoot blade held secure by the ABLE lock, making it smooth and easy to deploy, while maintaining a positive lock. The thumb deployed strap cutter blade and glass breaker make it well equipped to go to work saving lives, even if it is your own. Reversible deep pocket clip allows for tip up carry and ease of deployment.
• Blade Length: 3.4”
• Closed Length: 4.85”
• Overall Length: 8.25”
• Weight: 4.7 oz
• Style: Sheepsfoot with Partial Serrations
• Thickness: 0.125”
• Material: Bohler N680 Stainless Steel
• Hardness: 57-59 HRC
• Treatment: Cryogenically Heat Treated
• Finish: Black Cerakote®
• Hand Sharpened and Honed Edge
• Locking Mechanism: Ambidextrous ABLE Lock®
• Frame: Solid Black G10 Scales with Snakeskin and Ed Brown logo.
• Pocket Clip: Stainless Steel Ambidextrous – Right or Left Handed, Tip Up Deep Pocket Carry
• Strap Cutter Blade – Thumb Stud Deployment
• Oxygen Valve Wrench
• Carbide Glass Breaker
• Lanyard Hole
The price is $199.95. You can find a direct link here: https://www.edbrown.com/product/kn-frt/
I sure wouldn’t mind this kind of tool, especially since it already carries my initials! What about you? Do you carry a knife or tool every day or in your car? If not, I think you should. Due to new national laws in Sweden, I personally have to keep any “sharp objects” in my vehicle, which is such a shame.