GBRS Group has just announced the official release date for their up-and-coming GBRS Hydra Mount for Aimpoint pattern optics. The GBRS Hydra mount is essentially a Picatinny mounted solution that allows you to mount both a night vision compatible optic and an IR device without needing to adjust your support grip to accommodate for the addition of the laser device. This new item will officially drop on the weekend of July 9th, 2022.
More Night Vision Content @ TFB:
- Friday Night Lights: Sure Shot Night Vision’s PVS-27 Retube – White Phosphor Clip-On Upgrade
- Senop to Supply More Laser Sights and Night Vision for the Finnish Defence Forces
- POTD: L3Harris ENVG-B Thermal Night Optics
New Aimpoint Compatible GBRS Group Hydra Mount Dropping Soon
HYDRA is the first dual optic mount designed for end-users that offers a 2.91” Optic Centerline for faster target ID, regardless of gear/equipment obstructions.
Key performance enhancements include:
• Passive shooting while wearing NVGs.
• Gas mask/ CBRNE defeat
• Frees up rail space on platforms with short rails
• Compatible for cross eye dominant users
• Heads-up position for CQB and increased processing speed
• Relocating IR/VIS laser allowing for a center of gravity weight distribution over the mag well
• Universal support grip regardless of day or night operations.
Available on The Vault 7/8 @ 1300 EDT
This new attachment seems pretty interesting and might potentially solve a couple of issues specifically related to shooting with night vision devices. The positioning of the laser aiming device might seem awkward at first but the intention is to not only free up rail space but move the center of gravity/balance of the entire platform back towards the magazine well for a more balanced firearm. At the time of writing, no pricing information has been released but you shouldn’t have to wait long to see the final price as it drops this coming weekend (7/9). Let us know if you think this would be useful on your dedicated Night Vision shooting platform in the comments below.