The latest, 17th edition of the iconic “Cartridges of the World” series of ammunition reference books has seen the light of day. The new book can be found on the websites of the publisher (Gun Digest) and many popular book stores, both in paperback and digital versions. Let’s see what’s new in the Cartridges of the World 17th Edition.
Book Articles @ TFB:
- America’s Rifle – New Retitled Edition of Black Rifle II Book
- “Man Portable Air Defense System: Fliegerfaust” Book Now Available
- NEW Lyman 51st Edition Reloading Handbook
- F is for Firearms – The ABCs Firearm Coloring Book for Adults and Kids
Compared to the previous edition, the 17th edition of Cartridges of the World includes information on over 30 new cartridges. Overall, more than 1500 cartridges are covered in the 704 pages of this book. The new book also includes detailed new photos of each round and updated spec and reference charts. The information is organized in the following chapters:
- Chapter 1: Current American Sporting Cartridges
- Chapter 2: Obsolete American Rifle Cartridges
- Chapter 3: Wildcat Cartridges
- Chapter 4: Proprietary Cartridges
- Chapter 5: Handgun Cartridges
- Chapter 6: Military Rifle Cartridges
- Chapter 7: British Sporting Rifle Cartridges
- Chapter 8: European Sporting Rifle Cartridges
- Chapter 9: American Rimfire Cartridges
- Chapter 10: Shotgun Shells
- Chapter 11: U.S. Military Ammunition
- Chapter 12: Cartridge Identification by Measurement
The book also includes the following feature articles written by industry experts:
- The .404 Jeffery — An Unsung Hero
- Wilson Combat’s .300 HAM’R
- Cartridges and Cans: What I’ve Learned So Far
- The Creedmoor Family Dynamic
- The .30 Carbine
- Cartridges of the AR-15
The Cartridges of the World 17th Edition book is edited by W. Todd Woodard who has been the editor of Gun Tests magazine for more than 20 years and authored several firearm books such as the Brownells Guide to 101 Gun Gadgets.
The Cartridges of the World 17th Edition book is listed on the Gun Digest Store at an MSRP of $39.99. The digital version is currently discounted to $35.99. Amazon Kindle version is available for preorder for $18.42 and will be delivered on June 24, 2022.
Pictures by Gun Digest Media, www.gundigeststore.com
We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews. Learn more about how this works.