ZEV Technologies has just announced their latest firearm – the ZEV Core Elite Folding AR. Designed to be used as a discreet package that still has great accuracy and reliability, the new Core Elite Folding AR will feature a lot of the same hardware that the standard Core Elite rifle does, but now with a Law Tactical Folding Stock Adapter equipped with an SBA3 4-position adjustable brace.
More from ZEV Technologies @ TFB:
- New ZEV Technologies Core Elite Bronze AR-15 Barrels
- [SHOT 2021] ZEV Tech & SIG Sauer Collaboration – The ZEV Octane Z365XL
- [TFB GUNFEST] MAGPUL FDP-9: The 9mm Folding GLOCK We Deserve
The New Core Elite Folding AR from ZEV Technologies
- ZEV forged upper and lower receivers precision machined from 7075-T6 aluminum for strength and light weight, finished in true black type III class 2 hard coat anodize.
- ZEV Wedge Lock hand guard provides a full length continuous top rail with M-LOK mounting system. The integrated anti-rotation pin ensures a consistently aligned and continuous top rail with the upper receiver.
- ZEV custom 416R 10.5” match barrel with bronze PVD coating, chambered in 5.56 NATO with a 1:7 twist and carbine length gas system.
- ZEV Muzzle Device.
- Low profile fixed gas block.
- H3 carbine buffer increases dwell time and reduces port pressure to ensure reliable extraction and a smooth recoil impulse.
- Mil-spec chrome lined BCG with a manganese phosphate finish for improved lubricity and corrosion resistance.
- Flat face AR Gold trigger from ATC features a 2.5lb pull with a short reset and clean break that is second to none.
- Radian Weapons Talon ambidextrous safety selector.
- SBA3 4-position adjustable brace by SB Tactical greatly enhancesthe usability of the firearm by adding a third point of contact.
- Law Tactical folding stock adapter with black DLC coating.
- ZEV Slide Lock charging handle permits ambidextrous manipulation with an extended and textured latch for superior grip and ergonomics.
- Completed with Magpul furniture and one PMAG magazine.
The ZEV Core Elite Folding AR seems to be nearly perfect for a compact, and concealable backpack gun that is loaded up with premium features and finishes that are somewhat standard for ZEV Technologies. With a 10.5″ barrel length, 5.56 will still reliably yaw and fragment inside targets out to about 50-yards or so. Nonetheless, the ZEV Core Elite Folding AR weighs in at only 5.6 lbs making it an ultra-lightweight backpacking option.
The entire package is currently being sold from the ZEV Technologies website for a price of $2,164. I’d like to hear your thoughts on this new AR offering from ZEV Tech. Is the combination of features and quality enough to justify the price for a handy compact AR, or are there better options out there in your opinion?