So many of us are just bursting with knowledge about firearms and when we see that a popular blog or YouTube channel has posted about something we think we’re a firearms expert on, we just have to share with everyone right away! Below you’ll find some tips that can help you.
More intellectual reading @ TFB:
- Concealed Carry Corner: Top Maintenance Items For Concealed Carry
- Zastava M21 – The New Generation Kalashnikov Rifle From Serbia That Never Caught On
- The Rimfire Report: Federal 22LR Punch Out Of Ruger 10/22 – More Effective?
Firearms expert Do’s and Don’ts:
- Don’t use punctuation or grammar. Putting stops and breaks in your meandering paragraph of knowledge just slows down the reader and makes their learning less efficient.
- Do base everything you say on what you heard from some guy on the History Channel or an old man leaning against a gun store counter but never actually buying anything.
- Don’t fact-check anything. You know what you’re talking about! And if you are going to fact-check something make sure it’s an obscure message board post from the late 2000s. They knew a lot about guns back then!
- Do die on that hill. Make sure that you ignore anything to the contrary of what you just said. Defending your statements in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary just means you’re more right.
- Don’t be afraid to use profanity and childish crude insults. This will break the psyche of those who doubt you!
If you follow these simple rules, you’ll soon be known internet-wide as an authority on all things firearm-related!
Don’t be the person described above. Everybody, when you want to share what you “know” with the rest of the community, just stop, and take a quick minute to double-check that what you’re about to say is accurate. And if you run into a post by someone that is not only ignorant but inflammatory and outright wrong, ignore it. Don’t interact with these people, that’s what they want.
Unless you’re purposely being a troll… In that case screw you!
Expert image courtesy of that magnificent bastard Hop